Sr Manager, GRC at BigID (Remote)
Who we are:
BigID is a data intelligence platform for data privacy, security and governance. We're leading innovation in all things data: with new, modern, and ML-driven solutions to age old problems - helping customers drive business innovation, achieve compliance, build customer trust, make better decisions, and get more value from their data.
Headquartered in New York City with a worldwide presence, we are building a global team with a passion for innovation and next-gen technology. BigID has been recognized for its data intelligence innovation as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, named to the 2021 Forbes Cloud 100, #19 on the 2021 Inc 5000 (the list of fastest growing private companies in America), and an RSA Innovation Sandbox winner.
At BigID, our team is the foundation of our success. Join a people-centric culture that is fast-paced and rewarding: you’ll have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented people in the industry who value innovation, diversity, integrity, and collaboration.
Who we seek:
We are looking for a Sr. Manager for our GRC team, reporting to the CISO. The Sr. Manager of GRC will oversee and build out BigID’s GRC function, while working alongside a rockstar team of GRC analysts and Security Engineers. This role will be responsible for developing a compliance program and aligning the strategy with Sales and GTM teams. You will also be responsible for being a SME for the product teams on how we can better utilize our software to meet the needs of GRC programs. A successful candidate will understand and anticipate the needs of the business when proposing solutions and should be comfortable navigating an ambiguous environment with changing priorities.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and maintain a multi-year GRC roadmap.
- Lead the day-to-day GRC function and mature the overall program - including:
- Provide guidance to the Compliance team on certification efforts
- Manage, coach, and develop direct reports
- Provide guidance on process improvement
- Mature the Risk program to the next level
- Help build the framework for a sustainable, automated BC/DR program
- Deliver clear requirements across the business
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of each program in your purview
- Manage Compliance initiatives across the business (i.e. ISO27001, SOC2, etc.)
- Advise and assist Sales teams as needed
- Partner with Legal on DPO/contract reviews, as well as privacy and security matters as needed
- Manage the creation of new or leading the maintenance of existing security and privacy policies, standards and specifications to ensure they are current and appropriately aligned with applicable laws, regulations, and the evolution of security risks
- Develop and maintain all relevant documentation, policies, standards, guidelines and frameworks, embedding controls into processes across the business.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to identify specific third-party risks and recommend appropriate risk treatment action plans with pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues
What you’ll bring:
- 7+ years’ experience in GRC management/leadership positions
- Significant experience building out GRC programs and developing GRC strategy
- Strong business and technical acumen and ability to lead executive level discussions about compliance and risk
- Ability to align GRC initiatives to GTM teams Strategy
- Experience assisting legal and privacy on customer contractual reviews and engagements
What’s in it for you?!
Our people are the foundation of our success, and we place a high priority on offering a wide range of benefits that make our team happier and healthier.
- Equity participation - everyone shares in our success
- Open vacation policy - take it when you need it
- Flexible work arrangements
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k - that go into effect your first day
We look for people who embody our values - Care, Do,Try & Shine.
- Care - We care about our customers and each other
- Do - We do what it takes to make a positive impact
- Try - We try our best and we don’t give up
- Shine - We shine and make it our mission to always stand out
Diversity & Inclusion: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. Come as you are.