Sr. Manager, Global Identity Ops at Coinbase
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
As Senior Manager for Global Identity Operations, you will be responsible for the delivery and execution of all account access, safety and fraud-related customer support globally, which entails building, growing and managing a high performing and diverse team across multiple locations. You will work with other global leaders, internal stakeholders and BPO partners to achieve a seamless customer experience and scale in a thoughtful, effective way.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Serve as a proactive thought leader across the global organization, with a strong bias to action and the ability to drive overall organizational strategy and direction for the Global Identity Operations team.
- Effectively hire, manage and develop a team of Identity Operations managers across multiple sites around the world.
- Own and manage the Identity Ops lines of business and all corresponding stakeholder relationships (internal and external).
- Solve complex and potentially ambiguous challenges in a dynamic and ever-changing global environment.
- Define and deliver on organizational-level OKR’s and service level agreements, enabling operational excellence across all aspects of the customer experience within Identity Operations.
- Drive accountability across different tiers of support, such as outsourcing teams and Coinbase subject matter experts, in order to effectively execute on goals.
- Utilize an in-depth understanding of metrics, reporting, capacity planning and financials to make informed data-driven decisions.
- Drive all aspects of resourcing conversations, including recruitment, capacity planning and budget management.
- Develop continuous learning initiatives, particularly focused on cryptocurrency, finance and technology.
- Facilitate projects related to support readiness, process improvements, cost savings and employee development.
- Foster a highly engaged organization, setting up opportunities for career development and growth.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Motivated by Coinbase’s mission and creating a seamless support experience for our global customer base.
- Minimum of 8 years of proven experience in financial services, technology and/or customer support.
- Minimum of 3 years of direct management experience, including people managers.
- Subject matter expertise in customer support, trust & safety, fraud mitigation, and/or account security.
- Experience working with global outsourcing partners and service providers.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to meeting the evolving needs of a high-growth and fast paced organization.
Nice to haves:
- Well versed in the blockchain technology and the cryptocurrency industry.
- Advanced data analysis and analytical skills (SQL
- Experience in financial services and familiarity with the global regulatory environment.
- Advanced degree in business, finance, customer experience and/or crypto.
- Deep understanding of Google apps, JIRA, Salesforce Service Cloud.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.