Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our open API provides unprecedented flexibility and control for industry-leading companies such as Square, Coinbase, J.P.Morgan, and Uber, to manage payment operations in real-time.
Our team is a mix of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. Marqeta is certified as a 2022 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, highlighting our company culture and collaborative work environment. We are building a global team as diverse as the markets we serve and we’d love it if you joined us on our mission to change the way money moves.
We’re a remote-first company. You can work where you work best whether that’s from home, from a co-working space, or from one of our four global offices. It’s uncommon for candidates to match all job requirements, but if you’re not far off we absolutely want to hear from you!
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Fraud Monitoring for our Transaction Monitoring/Risk Analytics team within Marqeta’s Risk Operations Group.
In this role, you will focus on leading a team of onshore and offshore analysts that execute day to day operations. Responsibilities will focus on suspicious activity monitoring including fraud detection , but elements of credit risk management may also be expected. This role is responsible for driving fraud risk aspects of business initiatives as well as responding to fraud-related events and demands. Successful candidates for this role will leverage fraud risk expertise, financial analytics and innovative risk strategies to enable Marqeta’s growth and expansion, achieve optimal profitability, and enhance trust-related program and consumer experience.What you'll do
- Be a working manager, both directly contributing and managing a team of risk analysts and coaching them in their day to day tasks.
- Enhance current risk policy, withvia a deep understanding of our merchant portfolio and related data as well as business practices and objectives.
- Present policies to business audiences and senior/executive leaders in a compelling and data backed fashion.
- Design, implement, and monitor experiments to explore new methodologies and estimate key metrics for risk policy effectiveness and efficiency.
- Leverage Marqeta’s ecosystem as well as test latest third-party data solutions to enhance existing fraud policies.
- Effectively work with product and technology teams to build risk solutions, partner with risk operations to operationalize solutions. In addition, the candidate should bring a high level of enthusiasm to the projects and the ability to organize and motivate large groups. This includes taking initiative, ownership, and responsibility for projects.
- Strong business acumen and exceptional analytical ability with 8+ years of relevant experience in leading fraud strategies/transaction monitoring within Fintech, Banking and/or Card Payments
- 2+ years experience with managing remote teams that span across multiple geographies/time zones
- Experience with Fintech (Consumer Card Programs, ACH Payments, International Payments, or Digital Wallet) is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with and understand technical subjects and emerging technologies and their relevance to Marqeta’s growing money service offerings with the ability to negotiate, prioritize across teams, influence decision makers, and build consensus with teams.
- Have a track record of diving into data and drive data insights for business needs both quantitatively and qualitatively. Experience with statistical analysis tools such as Excel, SQL, Python, R, Stata, or data visualization tools. Familiar with big data technology such as HIVE, Hadoop, AWS, and other related concepts.
- Working knowledge of the fundamentals of risk policy such as fraud detection, 3rd party fraud and credit bureau data, scorecard modeling, pricing, loss forecasting, collections, and fraud investigations.Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and be responsive and available during times of peak fraud activity.
- Strong organization and time management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Elevate the level of your team and your partners by bringing in external examples and industry perspective and ensuring we are continually refining our analytical toolkit
- Employ sophisticated analysis and industry-leading measurement techniques to inform the strategy and operational processes of these groups.
- Experience working with third-party vendors related to risk is a plus.
- Experience working with compliance requirements for FinTech (BSA/AML, Acceptable Use Policy, Sanctions Screening) is plus.
- Master’s degree in Business, Statistics, Finance, Engineering or a related field or equivalent work experience. MBA or graduate degree in a related field is a plus.
- Flexible time off – take what you need
- Retirement savings program with company contribution
- Employee insurance premiums paid 100% + coverage for dependents and pets
- Family forming benefits including fertility support and up to 20 weeks Parental Leave
- Free therapy sessions, financial coaching, and a Wellness stipend
- Monthly stipend to support our hybrid work model
- Equity in a publicly-traded company
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
Learn more about Marqeta on our Website, Twitter and LinkedIn.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant on any legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice applies to the personal data that you directly provide to us or that we collect during the application and candidate recruitment process.#LI-Remote