Sr. IT Support Specialist at Drift
Drift is the Conversational Marketing platform that combines chat, email, video, and automation to remove the friction from business buying. With Drift, you can start conversations with future customers now, on their terms -- not days later. There are over 50,000 businesses that use Drift today to generate more revenue, shrink sales cycles, and make buying easy. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
About the team and role:
Drift’s Information Technology team is responsible for the hardware, services, and systems that drive company-wide productivity and communication; from infrastructure elements like office networks, device management, and digital identities to day-to-day operational logistics and support, we’re technical people, but we exist for the people who use that technology and not for the technology itself. We’re advocates. We’re creative thinkers. We learn from the past but our focus is on reimagining the future of Information Technology at Drift and we’re working to humanize the experience every day.
We’re looking for someone to join our IT Support team, someone with a strong technical background and an equally matched desire to help people use technology better. We need someone who understands “technically how it works,” but who is just as comfortable explaining “basically how to use it.” In this role, clear communication and the ability to align with the people we support is crucial. Within the team, you can expect collaboration and cross-training daily; it will be expected of you that you’re contributing to other functions within the team as well.
By month 3 you’ll:
- Understand the Information Technology team structure and how we function
- Be familiar with our systems and resources
- Be particularly familiar with our support request system and how we use it
- Be one of our support responders, providing thorough, communicative, and timely support
By month 6 you’ll:
- Be our primary support responder, knowing when to seek resolution and when to escalate
- Be an expert user of our primary systems and contributing to employee learning opportunities
- Be partnering with senior team members to create and update support documentation
- Be cross-training on and contributing to our IT Operations function
By month 12 you’ll:
- Be contributing ideas and implementing change to help level up our support processes
- Be contributing to and helping maintain our various team resource libraries
- Be an active contributor to our IT Operations function
- Experience providing excellent technical support while ensuring a great customer experience
- Strong technical understanding of and familiarity with Apple Mac hardware and macOS
- Technical understanding of Microsoft Windows and familiarity with other operating systems
- Familiarity with business collaboration systems (e.g. Google Workspace, Slack)
- Familiarity with A/V hardware and video conferencing systems (e.g. Zoom, Google Meet)
- Familiarity with computer networking concepts and systems (e.g. Cisco Meraki)
- Awareness of device, identity, & access management systems (e.g. Jamf Pro, Okta)
- Someone with a desire to help people use technology better
- An excellent communicator, both in conversation and writing
- Organized, with an attention to detail
- Self-directed, with an aptitude for learning
- Humble, with a willingness to own and learn from failure
- Systematic, with the ability to trace technical issues and document processes
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as an “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected] #LI-Remote