Abacus Insights is a mission-driven, growth-stage technology company focused on transforming the healthcare industry, ultimately creating a more personalized patient experience, improving health outcomes, and lowering the overall cost of healthcare. Abacus Insights provides a flexible, efficient, and secure platform that organizes and exchanges healthcare data from various sources and formats, allowing our customers to uncover differentiated insights that address their clients' needs. In addition, our employees know that they play an active role in keeping our customers' data safe and are responsible for ensuring that our comprehensive policies and practices are met.
With our deep expertise in cloud-enabled technologies and knowledge of the healthcare industry, we have built an innovative data integration and management platform that allows healthcare payers access to data that has been historically siloed and inaccessible. As a result, these payers can ingest and manage all the information they need to transform their business by supporting their analytical, operational, and financial needs through our platform.
Since our founding in 2017, Abacus has built a highly successful SaaS business, raising more than $53 Million by leading VC firms with profound expertise in the healthcare and technology industries. We are solving massive complex problems in an industry ready for disruption. We're building powerful momentum and would love for you to be a part of it!
About the role:
The Sr. Director of solutions is a person who uses extensive technical and business knowledge to develop solutions for Abacus Insight clients. Solutions engineers work alongside other sales team members to present products to clients and answer any technical questions they may have.
As a Core member of the sales and delivery teams You will be responsible for driving Innovation and coming up with Solutions for prospects and existing Abacus customers. You will be working closely with all the business leaders by acting as an essential role bridging the technical and business needs to design solutions and services that inspire our customers and are compelling to the market.
- Drive Innovation and define data solutions working with all the Abacus leadership teams
- Provide technical and business leadership, guidance to create products which meets the cost and specification needs of the targeted prospects.
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, Delivery and Security teams in developing the solution
- Set Key business objectives and build product strategy for solutions
- Lead team of product owners for developing the products and solutions
- Support the development and contribute to pricing models and budgeting scenarios necessary for successful launch and delivery
- Ensure solution delivery capabilities exists or quantify the path, processes, and investment necessary to building or enhancing delivery
- Develop solution forecasts and metrics, and monitor and evaluate the results to determine the solution is meeting fiscal, delivery, and customer expectations
- Help to determines customers' needs and desires by working directly with key clients, capability leadership, and specifying the research needed to obtain market information
- Provide information for management by preparing special reports and analyses specifically related to the status and overall solutions
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Strong payer/provider knowledge with hands-on experience on Architecting, designing and developing solutions. Ensure client buy in and sign-off of technical / solution design documents
- Actively plan and manage client, Abacus internal and any Abacus vendor teams to ensure work progresses as scheduled against the joint delivery plan
- Strong Experience of introducing new products into the Payer/provider market, right from the concept of the Idea to revenue generating solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Masters/Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, Marketing or equivalent field. MBA a plus.
- 6-8 years of demonstrated success in fast-paced product development company
- Proven record of accomplishment of launching successful solutions, managing releases and executing winning solutions and launches with a small team
- Proven ability to successfully collaborate with internal stakeholders from various parts of the organization and drive successful outcomes cross-functionally
- Experience working closely with engineering organization to define applications and tools and manage them through the entire product life cycle
- Strong technical background combined with solid business experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High energy/high focus
- Ability to juggle many competing priorities/deadlines
- High personal integrity, self-motivated, passionate team-oriented individual
- Highly collaborative and with the ability to lead by influence
- Familiarity with Cloud Services like AWS, Azure and data terms – json, ETL tools, data mappings, data profiling, SQL, data pipelines, running or writing simple python scripts
- Bachelor’s Degree or 10 years of equivalent experience managing complex software and services deliveries to Payors or PBMs or Diversified Health Services
- Hands-on experience managing a project P&L
- Deep payer data and business process expertise
Equal Opportunity Employer:
As a mission-led technology company that is helping to drive better healthcare outcomes, Abacus Insights believes that the best innovation and value we can bring to our customers comes from diverse ideas, thoughts, experiences, and perspectives. We are dedicated to building diverse teams, and as such provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. As well as prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.