What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we strive to build an environment where our associates are in the driver's seat of their professional development, while having access to help along the way. We encourage everyone to pursue passions and take ownership of their careers. With the support of colleagues and mentors, our associates are given the tools needed to get where they want to go. Regardless of job titles, our associates have the opportunity to learn new things and be a leader every day.
Come be a part of our team - you'll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
The Senior Director of Global Insights is a critical position reporting to the SVP Insights, Experience and Marketing Operations and is responsible for delivering strategic, relevant and actionable insights to inform and shape business strategy, operational action, and guide our audience experiences.
What You'll Bring:
- 10+ years of experience (agency or design consultancy experience is a plus) on a broad range of traditional and emerging qualitative and quantitative research techniques and methodologies. You have a genuine passion for data and are expertly capable of developing thoughtful and inspiring insights. You have knowledge and experience of various forms of insights tools and analysis: surveys, social/listening posts, customer panels, behavioral economics, focus groups, ethnographic research, text and voice analytics and have applied the right mix to develop insight. You may have experience with data mining tools, neural network techniques, machine learning procedures.
- You are driven by empathy and have a deep passion for understanding people and their behavior. You are familiar with the design thinking process.
- You are a confident communicator, whether in the subtleties of finding out great observations and insights through meeting users, consumers or associates, or in confidently conveying difficult concepts in simple, applicable business terms. You can craft a story using data and analytics, aligned to business problem/outcomes and make recommendations.
- You are organized, proactive, curious, and solution oriented, and are looking for ways to contribute added value. You are a critical thinker able to toggle between nimble and fast, and deep and rigorous. You have an entrepreneurial leadership style, with strong tolerance for ambiguity and a complex organizational stakeholder environment.
We'd love to see:
- You have developed a Voice of Consumer Program with closed loop
- Medallia and/or Qualtrics experience & certification
- Degree in Business, Statistics, Psychology or similar. Advanced degree preferable.
- A mix of B2B and B2C product/solutions and brand research experiences
- Experience of Agile
Impact You'll Make:
- You will collaborate and consult across the enterprise to develop learning agendas and share audience insights that deepen understanding, frame analysis and guide actions to create business and customer value. You will uncover audience attitudes, behaviors, preferences and needs, and signal new opportunities that drive significant improvements in commerce, service and brand.
- You will lead and evangelize an agile, analytically-driven methodology that connects audience experience data with internal operating and financial data to identify root causes of pain. You will serve as the VOC and VOE insights expert.
- You will create an insights community within TransUnion to ensure that we are continuously advancing consumer/customer understanding and the importance of Insight-led decisions. You will continuously raise the bar on insights capabilities and constantly be looking to where we need to go. You will display expertise with current market research tools and methods, and direct market research partners and VOC solution providers to continuously surface innovative ways to solving problems.
- You will collaborate with the Insights Engine Director to systematically design, develop, implement and optimize the Insights engine.
- Reporting to this position will be seven Insight Consultants. You will build a high performing team by creating a climate of engagement and empowering them to contribute ideas and make decisions. You will inspire effectiveness by establishing a clear vision and ensuring that work is distributed in an agile, organized manner.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, TransUnion has several safety protocols in place to protect associates, customers, and visitors. You may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and/or to participate in certain work-related activities. Exemption is available to qualified candidates as a reasonable accommodation.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Sr Director, Consumer Insights and Experience