Sr. Director of Competitive Intelligence at DIRECTV (El Segundo)
DIRECTV is seeking a Senior Director to lead our Competitive Intelligence Team. The Competitive Intelligence Team is part of the broader Research Department at DIRECTV, which conducts market research, explores consumer insights and tracks competitive pricing, features and positioning. This Senior Director will oversee our competitive intelligence function.
As a Senior Director you will have responsibilities in the following:
- Strategy, development of, and execution of all competitive intelligence collection and synthesis related to the video landscape.
- Managing, planning and executing company competitive intelligence analysis and translating findings into implications/recommendations
- Managing team of full-time employees and contractors
- Establishing and monitoring ongoing projects and methodological approach, structure, and techniques to ensure quality and consistent analysis
- Serving as internal subject matter expert in specific areas of competitive intelligence and maintain awareness of industry trends and developments
- Developing reports and presentations for senior management
- Managing supplier relationships
The successful candidate will use creative techniques to gather information, and synthesize it into conclusions, implications and recommendations.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in competitive intelligence, analysis, consulting or strategy required
- Bachelors/Undergraduate Degree required; MBA preferred
- Background must include analytical research and/or competitive intelligence with experience gathering data, structuring/solving problems, drawing conclusions and formulating recommendations
- Strong problem-solving and analytic skills
- Strong communications skills (written and verbal). Candidate should be able to articulate not just the conclusions of the data but what it means
- Commitment to high quality work product and attention to detail
- Ability to execute multiple parallel assignments in a high quality manner while hitting deadlines
- Strong work ethic with a passion for information and attention to detail
- We are looking for proactive candidates. A strong sense of ownership and passion for driving to results is essential
- Experience in or a working knowledge of media, entertainment and/or consumer products/services is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is required
Our Senior Director can earn between $140,000 - $211,850 depending on location. Not to mention all of the other amazing rewards that working at DIRECTV offers. From health insurance, tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services, just to name a few.
A career with DIRECTV means you'll play a leading role in building the future of tech and entertainment. It's an opportunity to join us from the start, as we embark on our new journey to take entertainment to the next level. Don't get us wrong, we know it's a big job - but it comes with even bigger rewards. Networking, training, and the support and resources you need to build a career that is sure to take center stage. So, what do you say? Ready. Set. Action.
This position is subject to the DIRECTV COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Click here for additional information.
DIRECTV will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws.
Job Posting: Jun 15, 2022, 5:46:07 PM
Job Level: Director/Principal/Third Level Manager