Sr Dir, Strategic Initiatives and Business Operations Employee Workflows (BU) at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
We think deeply about the activities that make up the day-to-day of the employee, and help the modern enterprise become digital - and operate better and faster. We are one of the fastest growing SaaS companies ever, and were named Forbes' "most innovative company in the world" in 2018.
ServiceNow's Employee Workflow products help our customers:
- Provide employees quick and easy access to the services they need, while making corporate functions more efficient (e.g. HR, Workplace Svc, Legal, Procurement)
- Manage work in a Covid and post-Covid world (think health screening, workplace safety, contact tracing, reservations etc). See Forbes article .
Our customers include some of the largest companies in the world, and report significant gains in employee productivity, engagement, and satisfaction with ServiceNow. Employee Experience is among the highest priority growth areas in ServiceNow, with significant potential as we scale this business from the " millions to billions ". This is a unique opportunity to join early a team / business that is scaling rapidly. The BU has several businesses which span hyper-growth multi-million dollar product to "startup" to moonshot. Given that and the responsibilities (below), this role will provide a vast spectrum of experiences.
What you get to do in this role:
- Manage / grow a team of high-performers to drive business operations, key initiatives, pricing / packaging, business strategy for this multi-product portfolio BU
- Identify areas of focus to drive growth, and align with leadership to craft execution plans; examples include highly cross-functional go-to-market programs, pricing / packaging initiatives, partnership strategy
- Own the business analytics function; track business performance through KPIs and identify / drive actions to improve performance; examples include analyzing the profile of our most successful customers and how we can replicate that success, pipeline acceleration
- Support cross-functional initiatives and programs; e.g. product strategy, product operations, revenue forecasts, budgeting, planning
- Help run executive-level business reporting (e.g. QBRs), support communication / alignment between BU product leaders and C-level
To be successful in this role you have:
- A minimum of 10 years (post undergrad) or 6 years (post MBA) experience in the technology industry - ideally in management consulting, business / product operations, corporate strategy or product development
- Has led cross-functional projects / initiatives (preferably with product, marketing and sales orgs)
- Has experience working with and advising executive audiences
- Has a high personal bar for quality and professionalism
- MBA strongly preferred
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.