Chewy is seeking a Senior Demand Planning Manager to lead Demand Planning across various categories in Dania Beach, FL or Seattle, WA. The ideal candidate will have a passion for problem solving and process improvement, a track record for utilizing data to drive decisions, and exceptional cross organization collaboration skills. This is a high-visibility role that will interact with all levels of the organization and requires a candidate that has excellent written and verbal communication skills. The primary focus of the Senior Demand Planning Managers will be to relentlessly drive improvement to our customer demand forecasts through improved planning and execution. This role will partner closely with Merchandising, Inventory Management, Finance, Analytics and Operations, and be the key leader of monthly demand reviews. The role requires someone who can be agile, roll-up their sleeves, and think outside the box to succeed, as it requires managing a growing portfolio of over thousands SKUs. You will get to work side by side with smart, passionate, and highly motivated entrepreneurs, and a fun, hard-working team. If you're equally passionate about supply chain, e-commerce and career growth, an opportunity at Chewy may be a great match!
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the Demand Planning team for your assigned categories and ensure collaboration with cross-functional teams to maintain forecasts that align with the strategies and objectives of the business including Merchandising, Marketing, Finance, Operations and Supply Chain.
- Utilize and optimize forecasting tools and exception reporting to improve sales forecasting at various levels in a fast-paced e-comm environment.
- Monitor weekly KPIs to hold stakeholders accountable for the successful delivery of key strategic targets and objectives.
- Represent Demand Planning in Cross – Functional Business Reviews to highlight risks, opportunities, and trends within the business.
- Provide guidance and recommendations on systems enhancements/integrations and testing
- Create and evolve existing reporting to ensure key metrics are visible across the organization
- Communicate relevant trends and insights to the appropriate teams/executive leaders and ensure that the flow of communication is reaching the proper levels of visibility.
- Position may require travel
What You’ll Need:
- MBA/MS (preferably in General Management/Finance/Supply Chain,) or BS/BA in Supply Chain, Business Administration or Business Management, Management/ Science/Economics/Finance or other engineering fields.
- 8-10 years of relevant experience in Supply Chain, Merchandising, Business, eCommerce, Technology, Finance, Product Management, Category Management, Consulting, or related field
- Ability to lead high impact cross functional initiatives while effectively managing both internal and external stake holders.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with forecasting processes and methodologies
- IBP/S&OP experience in large, high growth environments
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Solid Analytical tool kit- SQL & Tableau (must have), Python or R and any other analytics tool are preferred (Nice to Have)
- Experience with a) Product/Program management, b) Process excellence and transformations or c) Automation
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]