Sr. Cybersecurity Analyst at Visa (Atlanta, GA)
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.Job Description
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Job Description and Responsibilities
Participate in audit, risk and compliance assessments of Identity and Access Management (IAM) activities. Serve as a key IAM audit and compliance contact, explaining the internal assessment processes and scope, keeping IAM management apprised of IAM key risks and issues, and effectively delivering assessment results to IAM Director. Assist in the design and drive the execution of IAM audit readiness efforts and key advisory reviews performed by our IAM compliance team. Process Joiner, Mover, leavers (JML) request and User Access Revalidation (UAR) activities as per pre-defined sets of procedure and within agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA), resolve problem tickets and assist other security analysts as needed
- Participate in planning, scoping, and driving the execution of IAM related assessments and advisory reviews
- Assess the design and operating effectiveness of complex IAM areas/controls including the performance of detailed walkthroughs with IAM Subject Matter Experts. Furthermore, provide recommendations that improve the design, effectiveness, and efficiency of IAM control or process.
- Produce detailed IAM controls design and operating effectiveness testing related work papers that can be shared with internal and external auditors
- Assess audit findings /gaps including control weaknesses with an appropriate degree of professional skepticism, seeking to fully understand risks to the firm. Assist IAM partners with the development and the implementation of Management Action Plans to mitigate weaknesses, providing thought leadership on the appropriateness of the Plan.
- Provide IAM control consulting and advisory services to management to assist in redesign efforts that improve the IAM control environment.
- Promote new ideas and new ways of executing projects and internal infrastructure enhancements.
- Partner with key business stakeholders within Visa (HR/IAM Development/IAM Platforms/Internal Audit/Enterprise Risk and Compliance) for the relevant IAM Processes to improve the compliance posture within Visa
- Administer IAM related tools such as Active Directory, QUEST Active Roles Server, and Sailpoint in addition to the effective use of the relevant ticketing software such as Service Now (AskNow and AskHR)
- Process JML requests as per pre-defined sets of procedure and within agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA), resolve problem tickets and assist other security analysts as needed
- Identify automation opportunities and assist in creating scripts to automate and streamline existing access management controls
Support the execution of the UAR process including the daily monitoring of the mailbox and the timely resolution of the questions raised by respective stakeholdersQualifications
• 2 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
University Recruiting Only: Master’s Degree without experience
• 3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
• Bachelor's or Master’s degree in computer science, management information systems, or in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math).
• 5-10 years of deep technical experience in one of more of the following domains: information security, distributed operating systems, databases, network technology, mobile payments, tokenized services, cloud-based and virtualized environments, IBM mainframe, or Hadoop.
• Strong audit and compliance background
• Experience evaluating IAM controls associated with complex business applications.
• Strong time management skills.
• Dynamic, hard-working and ambitious individual, with excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Power Point, Word, Excel, MS Outlook or equivalent) including the ability to perform complex data analytics, SQL, Java, Python or any other scripting/programming language
• Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others to achieve a high level of success
• IT Audit certifications or other audit related certifications (e.g., CISA, CFE, etc.).
• Technical certifications or other information security certifications (e.g., CISSP, CEH, CISM, etc.).
• Project Management certifications (e.g., PMP, Prince2, etc.).
• Work experience in a large financial institution or a matrix organization
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.