Sr. Business Process Consultant, ITSM (Federal) at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
The Sr. Business Process Consultantwill be responsible to develop, invest, and maintain thought leadership with deep subject matter expertise related to ITSM product processes, enabling product capabilities and complimentary processes in a client-consulting environment including; Incident, Problem, Change, Service Request, Configuration, Knowledge, and Service Level Management. The consultant will lead the design and deployment of best practice process solutions that will achieve desired customer business outcomes and business value.
What you get to do in this role:
- Design, build and deploy business outcome driven solutions focused on designing processes which solve customer problems, are repeatable, accelerate value and employ process best practices and standards
- Drives ITSM process definition, re-engineering, improvement and gap analysis of current/to-be processes. Identifies solutions from a people, process and technology perspective during workshops with key customer sponsors and stakeholders, generating the required outputs to the level required for the subsequent stages of the engagement
- Identifying areas of ITSM process improvement (efficiency and effectiveness) and recommending solutions that detail pros, cons and risks
- Managing and communicating ITSM process and business requirements ensuring that the proposed solutions meet the customer's expectations
- Provide guidance and deliver successful implementation of the to/be processes in partnership with other members of the project team
- Lead clients in their efforts to take advantage of the ServiceNow functional capabilities and in their efforts to improve their ITSM processes
- Completing, developing and improving required documentation such as process flow diagrams, roles/responsibilities, workshop agendas, presentations, gap analysis reports
- Ensuring process related deliverables to Customer Delivery and customers are complete, consistent, high quality, on time and deliver valued outcomes
- Promoting continuous process improvement practices through process metrics/KPIs, dashboards and role accountabilities
- Invest and maintain expertise in ITSM product process capabilities, features and complimentary processes
- Collaborate and contribute to the creation, deployment and maintenance of process best practices and standards
- Active participant and contributor and thought leader in Communities of Excellence (in Community) that provides mentoring, implementation support, maturity maps and continual improvements
- Build Trust and Establish Thought Leadership through Publication Activities: Knowledge Articles, White Papers, Wiki, Community, Blogs, Templates, Capability Content, etc.
- Contribute to the continual improvement of Global Delivery and Practice business processes as well as the maturing of the ITSM practice portfolio, capabilities, expertise and best practices.
- Provide feedback Loop into BU product teams for continual improvement of product process, OOB capabilities, features and interoperability in consideration of customer needs and requirements
- Achieve ITSM Practice and Individual KPI's and Metrics as defined
- Juggle multiple and complex projects and initiatives
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- An active security clearance at Top Secret / SCI Polygraph (Counter Intelligence)
- Proven consulting experience leading the definition and deployment of 'to be' ITSM processes/solutions in client environments.
- Solid experience in requirements gathering, including experience in creating process documentation
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with strong presentation and facilitation skills required to lead workshops and customer meetings (proficiency in Visio, Word and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult (providing options with pros, cons and risks) while providing thought leadership to ITSM sponsors/stakeholders in solving business process and/or technical problems during project delivery
- Experience in analyzing and recommending ITSM strategies based on desired business outcomes and priorities
- Is committed to customer satisfaction and referenceability and ensures that actions contribute towards a positive experience by the customer.
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer centric attitude, ability to deal with cultural diversity
- Proven team player and team builder
- Strong understanding and experience with leading ITSM toolsets such as ServiceNow, HP Service Desk, HP Service Manager, CA Service Desk, IBM TSRM/CCMDB and Remedy ARS
- ITIL V2 or V3 Foundations Certification required
- ITIL Practitioner or Service Manager Certification preferred
- Knowledge of other frameworks such as COBIT beneficial.
- Knowledge and experience in Agile methodology, including creation of stories
- 3+ years working in the ITSM or IT services/consulting industry
- A degree or equivalent, preferably in Information Technology
- Up to 50% travel annually, driven by customer needs
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.