Sr Application Administrator at The Walt Disney Company
- Support the installation, upgrade, maintenance, or provisioning of enterprise applications. This includes installing new software releases and system upgrades, evaluating and installing application patches, and conducting application migrations, refreshes, and restores.
- Performs troubleshooting and resolves complex technical problems which include applications, databases, and server problems. Collaborate and work with IT Services and technical staff to identify and resolve critical system issues to minimize impact to business operations.
- Evaluates and ensures the performance and reliability of the applications by monitoring these systems for high availability, load balancing, and satisfactory response time using third-party tools.
- Interface with the software vendors for any application bug resolution or application maintenance issues.
- Plans, creates, and maintains the appropriate documentation, inventory assessments, and procedures related to administration of the applications, system and network (connectivity) architecture, system and database backup policies.
- Communicates positively and effectively with customers, coworkers, and stakeholders to understand administrative needs and resolve support issues.
- Learns and adapts quickly to new situations and changing priorities.
- Understand a variety of different business needs and processes used by Hulu and recommend automation of business processes where appropriate.
- Supports specific applications that include but are not limited to: Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Copado, Jira, Confluence, Airtable, Trello, Tableau, Smartsheet, Monday, Roadmunk, etc.
- Coordinate requirement analysis, design, implementation, testing and deployment for in-house projects as well as those outsourced to a consulting partner.
- Design and implement processes to ensure data integrity and standardization.
- Build, develop and maintain custom integrations (out-of-box and custom scripts) with 3rd party applications via SOAP and REST APIs
- Configure, build, develop and deploy required fixes and enhancements on Salesforce and/or ServiceNow platform
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Basic Qualifications :
- 2-5 years of responsibility with relevant Information Technology work experience related to the administration and support of Enterprise wide applications, databases and servers, IT systems and infrastructure, programming and/or operations.
- Methods and procedures involved in the technical administration of software applications which includes the installation, configuration, patching, troubleshooting, documentation and coordination.
- Strong experience in supporting and maintaining enterprise level applications.
- Ability to work on multiple, time-critical projects simultaneously
- Excellent technical skills and knowledge in the areas of IT infrastructure components such as server, storage, network, database, virtualization, operating systems and cloud technology.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills in troubleshooting application issues and problem resolution in a timely manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including presentation of complex data in easily understood ways and strong data visualization skills.
- Proficient in documenting and maintaining configuration and process information.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business or related field i.e. data science.