Sports Book Supervisor (Palms) at Caesars Sportsbook & Casino (Las Vegas, NV)
Caesars Sportsbook, America's leading sports book provider, has an immediate opening at its sports book inside Palms and Casino in Las Vegas, NV. Do you love interacting with the public? Thrive in a fast-paced work environment? If you answered yes, keep on reading.
Reporting to the Sportsbook Manager, you will be face of our sportsbook operations. By providing a high level of customer service, to both regulars and "novice bettors", you will ensure everyone is made to feel welcome. As an expert in our menu of sports betting options, you will help to advise and answer customer questions to help them make an informed, responsible decision with their sports wagering.
- Help the Book Manager become aware of operational information that will help to maximize the profitability of the sports book
- Manage the operational cost of the sports book, with a focus on labor costs and inventory management/control
- Hold regular meetings with sports book leadership to develop strategic initiatives in the promotion of the sports book
- Mentor employees to help them become better ticket writers
- Drive and motivate the staff to deliver a high level of customer service to both regular customers and novice bettors
- Handle escalated customer complaints/issues as needed
- Ensure that the sports book staff is operating in a manner that follows all company and state gaming agency rules and regulations
- Prior work experience in a sports book is highly preferred
- Ability to motivate, lead, and mentor staff members
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Self-starter attitude who shows initiative
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift, pull or push 25 lbs.
- Must be able write for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to twist, bend or reach with no significant boundaries.
- This position may be exposed to a smoke-filled environment