Specialty Solutions Field Coordinator at NielsenIQ
Field Coordinators facilitate data collection by consulting on high quality and efficient field practices, monitoring study progress and quota management, ultimately responsible for closing studies on time and with quality, representative data for the fielding market. We make sure the data delivered to our clients meets BASES Specialty solution standards and that our external partners are aligned with best practices while proactively maintaining fielding budget margins.
Duties & Accountabilities
● Obtains proficiency in all tools needed to coordinate online BASES Specialty solution fieldwork
● Monitors all live studies on a daily basis to identify any in-field issues early
● Ensures the delivery of on time and profitable data to processing and analytical teams.
● Provides timely and thorough updates to Client Service and/or Project Coordination team on every study.
● Escalates at risk projects - for budget, timeline, or feasibility reasons - appropriately as soon as identified.
● Offers up clear solutions and potential impacts from implementation to Client Service and/or Project Coordination teams.
● Proactively approaches studies that are listed as high priority or may have more of a chance of in field delays.
● Work directly with 3rd party vendors to successfully manage expectations for sampling requirements and executing projects. Ensures that vendors understand and follow best practices as set forth by leadership.
● Provides feedback to vendors and internal leaders as appropriate.
● Records accurate and timely data for metrics tracking to be used for vendor score cards
● Willing to work as a team regionally and globally by taking on shared tasks such as EOD coverage, holiday and vacation coverage, etc.
● Contributes in team discussions and non-production projects as needed.
● Works well with other internal partners across Commercial and Operational teams in order to deliver on time work out of field. Foster a professional and friendly environment while working with others across the business.
Requirements & Skills
● Knowledge of Google Applications (Doc, Sheets and Mail) and Databases
● Attention to detail
● Customer service / consulting skills
● Interpersonal skills
● Multi-tasking skills
● Oral and written communication skills in English
Education and Experience Required:
● Bachelor’s degree
● Minimum of 1-2 years experience in an office environment
● Ability to handle stress well
● Strong organizational skills
● Assertive, but flexible and positive attitude
● Ability to work individually as well as in a team environmentAdditional Information
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.