Specialist, Patient and Provider Advocate at VillageMD
Join VillageMD as a Specialist, Patient and Provider Advocate in Houston, TX
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Specialist, Patient and Provider Advocate to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
In this role, the Specialist, Patient and Provider Advocate will partner with our Patient Service Representatives and Contact Center Supervisors to provide the highest level of customer service experience for our patients and providers.
Could this be you?
Our Shared Services Contact Center team is looking for a Specialist, Patient and Provider Advocate with strong customer service, problem-solving and analytical skills to resolve and de-escalate issues from both patients and providers.
How you can make a difference
- Act as the patient and provider advocate who helps drive high level of customer satisfaction
- Monitor and respond quickly to incoming requests from Agents via chat support
- Provide best practices, as well as customer support content, by utilizing available tools and resources
- Document, review and do a deep dive research on the patient and provider experience, and sentiments, while identifying any training gaps, and communicating the accurate facts and data to contact center supervisors
- Understand patient and provider requests and challenges, and effectively address them by providing the best solutions in a timely manner
- Based on documented data on training and quality gaps, recommend strategies to mitigate those gaps to improve agent performance and increase patient and provider satisfaction
- Accountable for reporting and analyzing overall patient and provider escalations in order to improve the customer experience
- Promote a culture of constant learning based on most frequently asked inquiries from agents
Skills for success
- Collaboration: ability to establish and maintain effective and working relationships with managers, team-members, and other customers
- Communication: speaks clearly, listens and gains clarification when needed, and responds well to questions
- Confidentiality: complies with HIPAA confidentiality standards when accessing or communicating patient information
- Diversity: shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences
- Humility: low ego; engenders trust; respectful
- Self-motivated: energetic self-starter, strong sense of ownership with personal accountability
- Teamwork: is open and objective to other's views, gives and welcomes feedback, and contributes to positive team spirit
Experience to drive change
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 2+ years of experience in customer service; background in a contact center environment highly preferred
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and can manage multiple competing priorities while continuing to advance critical and urgent initiatives
- Ability to build trust with patients and providers in a short period of time over the phone
- Excellent comprehension and listening skills with the ability to investigate situations, ask follow-up questions, and think of appropriate solutions in real time
- Demonstrated knowledge of contact center best practices, policies and procedures and SLAs, and the keen ability to effectively communicate those to agents
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in all forms of business communications
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.