Solutions Engineer - ServiceNow at LivePerson (New York City, NY or Remote)
LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
As a ServiceNow Engineer at LivePerson - you're a member of a nimble team that develops custom solutions to ease internal processes. You're obsessed with finding opportunities for automation and simplifying tasks for our end users.
The ServiceNow Engineer works mostly in multiple ServiceNow instances and makes sure that other integrated systems like Confluence, Jira, and Salesforce are synchronized to support our business operations.
For ServiceNow, you will be...
- Configuring the core and custom solutions in an expanding Enterprise ServiceNow environment. Working with the ServiceNow team to create the following artifacts for each project:
- Requirements Documentation
- High-level design
- Solution design
- Work plan build
- Drive business solutions from inception through solution implementation.
- Identify and invent novel solutions to challenging technical problems and provide requested enhancements to existing out of the box ServiceNow applications.
- Translate functional specifications into logical, component-based technical designs.
- Work with functional and administrator teams to deliver automated workflow solutions in ServiceNow considering performance consistency and scalability.
- Be the focal point for any questions regarding advanced scripting of business rules, UI Policies, Script Includes, Client Scripts, ACLs, Workflow Activities, etc.
- Own the 3rd party software integrations with ServiceNow design and API interfaces.
- Facilitate and support the rollout of new applications and enhancements in ServiceNow.
- Configure ServiceNow CMDB supporting different types of discovery methods.
- Constantly learn and advise functional and admin teams on design, development, and overall ServiceNow best practices.
- Write Technical Documentation of Integrations and ServiceNow Solutions.
- Manage the Lesson Learned of the Business Operations team projects and determine root cause analysis.
- Maintain different ServiceNow instances assisting with upgrade and cloning tasks.
In addition to ServiceNow, you’ll be working closely with the System Engineering & Solutions Manager on the future of LivePerson work.
Your qualifications are:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, a similar technical discipline, or comparable industry experience.
- 1+ years ServiceNow Developer or Implementation certifications.
- Experience in developing integrations (interfacing) of 3rd party systems with ServiceNow using REST API / Webhook / SOAP and other methods.
- Experience in managing full software development life cycle: Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing, and Release Rollout.
- Strong working knowledge of ServiceNow components such as Service Catalog, Change/Incident/Problem Management, Asset Management, CMDB, Knowledge, Release Management, Notify Plugin, Ticket Management, SLA Breakdown, Performance Analytics, Major Incident, Agent Workbench, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of ServiceNow Best Practices and ongoing knowledge of the latest ServiceNow features.
- Must be adaptable to work in a varied, fast-paced exciting, ever-changing environment
- Experience implementing systems using the Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Experience with scripting in ServiceNow (Business Rules, UI Pages, UI Macros, Script Includes, workflow actions, etc.)
- Experience with SQL (Structured Query Language) and relational database administration.
You will be reporting to the Sr. Systems Engineering Manager, Silvia Gal. However, you will partner with other team experts to understand our current requirements defining opportunities for new solutions and improvement.
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. You’ll have great benefits, flexible time off, plus snacks and drinks to keep your mind fresh and stomach full. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.