As an SIU Investigator, you’ll play a critical role in enforcing the fundamental fairness values on which our company was founded. You’ll be asked to push the boundaries of what’s required and to think critically as to what our customers want and how that best aligns with our product. By collecting information, making recommendations for claims processes to iterate towards automation and further develop our app features, you’ll be helping to build and enhance an entirely new insurance experience from the ground up. This role is vital to Root’s success as we continue to grow rapidly and is largely responsible for our bottom line.
- Accountable for complete investigation of claims suspected of fraud
- Acts as a liason for the Claims Staff in fraud training, awareness, and investigation
- Proactively reviews files to identify potentially questionable claims
- Engages in learning opportunities to build knowledge of personal lines claims, court decisions impacting the claims function, current guidelines in claims function, and policy changes and modifications
- Provides input for continuous development of SIU and Claims best practices
- Interacts and communicates effectively with customers, peers, vendors, and managers.
- Provides technical claims recommendations in an effort to improve case outcomes
- Recommends potential product developments and process improvements
- Works with leadership developing and maintaining state fraud compliance plans
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Must have a minimum of 3 years SIU experience combating insurance/self-insured fraud with a focus on automobile injury and property damage claims
- Fraud Claim Law Specialist certification, Certified Fraud Examiner designation, CPCU designation, or other certification relevant to fraud investigation preferred
- Strong understanding and application of laws, statutes, and regulations specific to fraud handling
- High sense of professionalism while remaining empathetic
- Ability to approach problems with an open mind