Site Reliability Manager at SigFig (Remote)
Title -- Site Reliability Manager
Location: US Remote
The Company -- SigFig
We are SigFig. We empower everyone to achieve their life goals and ambitions with intuitive and customer centric financial solutions. It takes extraordinary people to disrupt decades of legacy financial practices to reimagine solutions to serve customers at scale.
We are committed to building impactful financial solutions that are accessible and affordable to everyone. Using a combination of design, data science, and technology, we help provide people with financial advice and guidance they need to achieve their life goals. Whether it’s through our direct to consumer or business to consumer products through partnerships with some of the world’s largest and most innovative financial institutions like Wells Fargo, UBS, and Citizens Bank, SigFig seeks to help consumers and institutions make better financial decisions.
Headquartered in San Francisco, we also have amazing talent solving interesting problems across our offices in Calgary, Tucson, Singapore, and New Delhi. Come thrive at SigFig!
The Team -- The Infrastructure Team
The Infrastructure team is responsible for building the global platform by which SigFig succeeds. We build our infrastructure using the latest virtualization, automation, and configuration management tools - we're experts across a wide range of technical areas. If the tools do not exist or meet our needs, we build or write them ourselves - we strive to automate so we do not repeat tasks. The team is critical to the building and delivery of our core products and works with every part of the engineering organization with a high level of collaboration. We strive for efficiency, stability, and speed.
The Opportunity -- Site Reliability Manager
As the Site Reliability Manager,you will be deeply involved in managing and supporting all aspects of the infrastructure technology stack. This includes provisioning, application configuration and deployment, monitoring, databases, CI/CD, and security. This role requires someone that loves working in a small, agile environment and you must have a passion for, and enjoy building automation tools. You will lead a team of about 5 engineers and work with multiple globally distributed engineering teams, which means you must possess strong verbal and written communication skills. You thrive in an innovative, fast-paced environment, can roll up your sleeves, do great work, have fun and execute.
You will truly enjoy what they do, be flexible and communicative, and relish learning new things. This role will report to the Director of Infrastructure with extensive cross-functional interaction to drive strategies down to execution while keeping up the pace of SigFig. This is you!
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Lead: Not only leading the team, but also various projects that involve planning and architecting across several engineering teams
- Build: Tools that allow the team to operate in the most efficient, secure and scalable manner possible
- Deploy: Lead the team on deploying software in new environments
- Uplevel: Develop current Infrastructure team on processes and strategies to solve complex problems
Why We Value You
- Understanding of modern architecture, e.g. micro-services, CI/CD, etc., and you are cautious against over-engineering
- Experience with monitoring and metrics platforms, such as nagios, grafana and splunk
- Familiarity with AWS and cloud migrations
- Experience designing and operating distributed systems and cloud infrastructure at scale
- Ability and willingness to be hands-on when needed
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be a team player with a strong, self-managing work ethic
- Software development experience in one or more of: Python, bash scripting, ruby, java, scala
- Experience with Linux system administration
- Experience with agile and/or kanban software development methodologies
- Proven experience managing an operations organization in a 24/7 global infrastructure as well as a record of individual technical achievements.
- A strong background in Internet service deployments and a deep understanding of Linux and Internet technologies.
Ideal SigFigian for this Role
- 5+ years of experience in Site Reliability engineering
- 2+ years experience managing an SRE/DevOps team
- Start-up/SaaS experience is a plus
- You partner seamlessly across engineering organizations
- You are self-motivated, resilient and assertive with a high willingness to learn
- You are a good sounding board for others, with low ego
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with Company Match
- $1,000 Yearly Wellness Benefit
- Employee Recognition Program
- And more!
Founded in 2007, SigFig is backed by premier venture capital firms, including Bain Capital Ventures, DCM Ventures, Nyca Partners, and Union Square Ventures as well as leading financial institutions including Wells Fargo, UBS, Santander, New York Life, Eaton Vance, and Comerica. We've raised $110 million to support our growth as the #1 online investment advisor for large financial institutions.
© Nvest. All rights reserved, SigFig is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
San Francisco Applicants: SigFig will consider applicants with arrest and conviction records (criminal histories) in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.