Service Technician II at FirstKey Homes (Atlanta, GA)
The Service Technician will physically repair homes within a given submarket. Working with small teams and independently, they will respond to all assigned maintenance requests and ensure that they are resolved in a timely manner while maintaining a high level of customer service and protecting company assets. The Service Technician will require driving to properties within the applicable market to address service issues using their own personal tools. Large tools and equipment are provided by the company.
- Respond to customers in a courteous manner and take responsibility for resolving customer concerns.
- Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures and all state and federal regulations such as lead based paint, ADA, Fair Housing, HAZCOM Programs, and OSHA.
- Maintain knowledge of all pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations.
- Complete service requests in a professional and timely manner.
- Monitor the condition of assigned properties and taking proactive immediate steps to correct any unsafe condition.
- Upkeep of fleet vehicles and inventory.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalence
- Strong background in residential construction and remodeling in multiple trades
- Must have a valid driver’s license, valid insurance, and reliable work appropriate transportation
- Experience with drywall and texturing, paint, and basic mechanicals (but not limited to): HVAC, electrical, plumbing, appliances, water irrigation systems, stairs, gates, fences, patios, railings, roofing / ceiling leaks, Interior/exterior lights and fans, flooring, doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass doors and locks
- Knowledgeable of codes, municipal by-laws, inspection, estimating, and planning
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and high level of proficiency with hand held smart device ( Ipad, etc)
- Type II or Universal E.P.A. certification
- General knowledge and experience on reading, writing, and evaluating project specifications and scopes of work
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
FirstKey Homes is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected classification or status.