Service Technician II at FirstKey Homes (Atlanta, GA)
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Service Technician will physically repair homes within a given submarket. Working with small teams and independently, they will respond to all assigned service requests and ensure that they are resolved in a timely manner while maintaining a high level of customer service and protecting company assets. The Service Technician will require driving to properties within the applicable market to address service issues using their own personal tools. Large tools and equipment are provided by the company.
- Respond to customers in a courteous manner and take responsibility for resolving customer concerns.
- Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures and all state and federal regulations such as lead based paint, ADA, Fair Housing, HAZCOM Programs, and OSHA.
- Maintain knowledge of all pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations.
- Complete service requests in a professional and timely manner.
- Monitor the condition of assigned properties and taking proactive immediate steps to correct any unsafe condition.
- Upkeep of fleet vehicles and inventory.
- This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 25-50% travel time
- Indoor and outdoor work in all types of weather conditions.
- Repetitive use of hands to operate computers, printers, and copiers.
- May sit or stand for several hours at a time; climb up and down stairs multiple times each day; and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekend hours and be available for on call status.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalence
- Strong background in residential construction and remodeling in multiple trades
- Must have a valid driver’s license, valid insurance, and reliable work appropriate transportation
- Experience with drywall and texturing, paint, and basic mechanicals: HVAC, 4-volt Heat/cool thermostat (identify 4/5 Wire systems R-Y-W-G-C), hot surface igniters, heat strips, gas valves, flame sensing rods, 120-volt condensate pump, float switches, & safety switches, 120v & 208-230v motors, run capacitors & start capacitors, breakers & disconnects, light pilot & replace thermocouple, contactors & capacitors, charge R-22 & R-410a systems slightly low on refrigerant, clean condenser coil & flush condensate drain line. repair condensate line, use a scale to weigh refrigerant and keep record of refrigerant use on service vehicle, have basic knowledge and ability to use, vacuum pumps with a micron gauge, Recovery unit with tanks, and electronic or ultrasonic leak detectors, plumbing, shut offs (fixtures), expansion tanks, replace shower fixture cartridge/stems, replace fixtures (faucets, kitchen sink faucets, garbage disposals and toilets), minor blockage removal, electrical, appliances, water irrigation systems, stairs, gates, fences, patios, railings, roofing/ceiling leaks, interior/exterior lights and fans, flooring, doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass doors and locks
- Must provide own tools. Required Tools include (but not limited to): hammer, concrete float, rose bud or similar torch head, tape measure, plier set, channel lock pliers, two-foot level, pipe wrench, basket strainer/faucet tool (RIDGID Multi tool), faucet repair tools (Seat extractor/ Stem Remover/ Pick set/Handle Puller), crescent wrench set, standard refrigerant gauges with seal tight hoses, or fittings. (R-22 & R-410a capable), Multi-Meter (Klein/Field Piece/UEI) - Clamp on Multimeter: volts ac & dc, amps, resistance, temp probe t’couple & K-clamp & MFD, standard hand drill 12v-18v or higher, hacksaw, ¼” & 5/16” nut drivers, Phillips & flathead screwdrivers, Allen wrench set, wire strippers & cutters, hammer, mallet, sheet metal snips, motor puller, refrigerant service wrench & adaptor, dual laser infrared thermometer, duct knife, pvc cutters, pipe cutter, basket strainer/faucet tool (RIDGID Multi tool), razor knife.
- Knowledgeable of codes, municipal by-laws, inspection, estimating, and planning
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and high level of proficiency with hand held smart device ( Ipad, ect)
- Type II or Universal E.P.A. certification
- General knowledge and experience on reading, writing, and evaluating project specifications and scopes of work
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous multi or single-family turn, service, or maintenance experience
- Previous trade or general construction experience
- Building and Construction— Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
- Mechanical— Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Customer Service— Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Troubleshooting— Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Critical Thinking— Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Repairing— Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Equipment Selection— Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Time Management— Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Speaking— Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Proactive – carrying out preventative checks and routine inspections must be able to see potential issues, take corrective measures and anticipate ongoing needs. May also be required to keep a stock of spare parts, ordering and replacing as necessary
WORK STYLES & BEHAVIORS
- Attention to Detail— Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Cooperation— Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Dependability— Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Independence— Job requires developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Adaptability/Flexibility— Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
FirstKey Homes is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected classification or status.