Service Desk Associate at AHEAD (East Bay)
| East Bay
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:43 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, January 25, 2022
AHEAD builds platforms for digital business. By weaving together advances in cloud infrastructure, automation and analytics, and software delivery, we help enterprises deliver on the promise of digital transformation.
AHEAD’s Information Technology Department is seeking an experienced desktop support professional to add to our IT Service Desk Team. The individual in this role will assure prompt, friendly technical support to AHEAD end users around the U.S. and oversee effective resolution of customer-support incidents within defined SLAs. This role is based in Chicago, IL and Cincinnati, OH.
Reporting directly to the Service Desk Manager, the Service Desk Associate is responsible for providing technical support and fulfillment of requests coming from over 1400 AHEAD employees. The Service Desk Associate serves as a first point of contact for end users and acts as a customer-facing onsite representative of the AHEAD IT Operations team. A typical day will include responding to and troubleshooting user support incidents for hardware and software, fulfilling standard IT-related requests, and escalating issues to Tier 2 and Tier 3 staff. Responsibilities also include provisioning and deployment of laptops and desktop applications, supporting cloud applications, and maintaining office technology hardware.
Our ideal candidate must be a collaborative team player that is comfortable supporting a remote workforce at all levels of the organization. Applicants should possess exceptional analytical, communication and followup skills along with a drive to learn and emphasis on customer support.
- Serve as the first point of contact for users seeking technical assistance, both in-person as well as remotely
- Process and respond to incoming tickets to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of incidents and requests
- Troubleshoot and determine best solutions, providing accurate, thorough, and clear communication to users
- Escalate unresolved issues to the appropriate level of the IT Operations team
- Properly record incident actions and follow-up details into the IT ticketing system
- Assist with the creation of user accounts and setting up new users
- Assist with password resets, multi-factor authentication, and user account management
- Provide troubleshooting and technical support for Windows and macOS laptops
- Provide troubleshooting and technical support for cloud applications, such as Webex, and Office 365
- Provide on-site support for office technology, such as copiers, printers, wireless, Audio/Video Conferencing, phones, etc.
- Assist with on-site troubleshooting and maintenance of office technology and infrastructure projects under the direction of the IT Operations team
- Represent AHEAD’s IT Service Desk Team to all internal employees with positivity and a “service first” mindset
- Create and maintain user-facing knowledge management documentation on procedures, solutions, and how-to guides
- 2+ years in a PC support role
- Proficient technical support skills with Dell and Apple hardware, Windows 10, macOS, iOS and Android devices
- Prior exposure to remote support tools such as Bomgar
- Experience with Mobile Device Management and endpoint security tools, such as VMware Workspace One, JAMF, Intune and Carbon Black
- Capable of supporting Cisco VOIP, teleconferencing systems, and Webex
- Ability to troubleshoot and support infrastructure such as wireless, multi-function copiers, AV, and networking (TCP/IP, DNS, etc.)
- Technical troubleshooting and problem-solving capabilities
- Organized and able to shift tasks as priorities evolve
- Team-oriented collaborator willing to share knowledge and experience
- Solid communicator with the ability to provide professional documentation
- Experience working with ticketing tools like ServiceNow, RemedyForce and ServiceDesk
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Technical Certifications encouraged (Comp TIA A+, MCSE, etc.)
Work alongside and collaborate with industry experts
Investment in training & development
Incentives for certifications
Ability to make an immediate impact
More Information on AHEAD
AHEAD operates in the Cloud industry. The company is located in Chicago, IL, Brentwood, TN and Atlanta, GA. AHEAD was founded in 2007. It has 1154 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 140 open jobs at AHEAD, click here.
Read Full Job Description