Service Delivery Manager at 3Cloud
Service Delivery Manager
3Cloud is a technology consulting and managed services firm helping clients transform their businesses and manage their operations through the power of the cloud. We leverage Microsoft Azure to help our clients speed up innovation, operate more efficiently, and be more responsive to their customers’ needs. As a Microsoft partner, we specialize in managed services, migration, cloud-scale custom application development, analytics, and DevOps – all on the Azure platform. 3Cloud is headquartered in Chicago with an additional office in Dallas.
We are looking for a Service Delivery Manager to help manage grow our Azure managed services business. The role of the Service Delivery Manager is to ensure satisfaction of current managed services clients, and to support the development of new and existing account growth. The Service Delivery Manager provides coordination of technical support for a portfolio of our managed services clients across all dimensions of the services we provide. This is a client-facing position and requires a high level of customer service acumen, project management skills, and technology awareness.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Day-to-day management and point of contact for client escalation of technically complex and demanding client accounts.
- Manage, coordinate and regularly communicate with assigned accounts, including weekly status and ad-hoc meetings/calls, to set expectations and negotiate priorities appropriately. This includes communication from C-level executives to internal IT staff.
- Management of client issues, including timely resolution and the identification of remediation opportunities. Management and coordination of technical resources during an outage and coordination of proactive maintenance. Identify and resolve systemic issues to prevent them from repeating.
- Develop consistent long-term partnerships with customers to ensure mutual success.
- Communicate professionally and clearly in a written or verbal format with internal and external clients.
- Effectively interact with, mentor and manage teams of engineers to ensure all client service levels are maintained and client projects are completed on time and budget.
- Assist engineers with technical aspects of any client issue, and the evaluation, estimation and escalation of such issues.
- Assist the Managed Services operations team in modifying and executing an overarching support strategy.
- Accountability of delivering against agreed upon service levels agreements and overall service delivery of operational activities.
- Understand the underlying technologies being used at a client to be able to provide service delivery and project management.
- Drive the enhancement of 3Cloud’s methodologies, processes and approaches to client delivery.
- Coach and manage engineers and actively participate in the performance expectation process.
- Participate actively in the recruiting process.
- Understand short and long-term client goals and objectives and recommend additional technical solutions and/or 3Cloud managed services.
- Influence clients to increase their investment in Managed Services with 3Cloud via recommendations that happen through the account management process.
- Educate customers on the Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) program and help onboard and support them through the enrollment process.
- Help drive renewal process for existing 3Cloud Managed Services clients and understand business needs of existing clients to introduce and sell additional 3Cloud Managed Services offerings or professional services projects.
- Support presales conversations with new prospects regarding Managed Services.
- Create proposals, pricing estimates and SOW for renewals of existing clients or assisting with new client opportunities.
- Accountable for client retention, satisfaction and revenue growth.
- Support the Managed Services team through the annual Azure Expert MSP audit.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, MIS, Business or similar degree
- 6 + total years of progressively responsible roles relating to technical services and client-facing in the managed services industry.
- 2+ years as a client-facing manager in the managed services industry.
- Experience with cloud platforms and technologies and experience working with on-prem infrastructure environments (virtualization, storage, networking, Microsoft infrastructure, etc.).
- Experience operating in the Microsoft ecosystem and/or with the Azure platform.
- Experience in IT Service Management, Operations, or processes improvement and definition.
- Experience in IT strategy, business requirements gathering, project management, IT roadmaps and advisory.
- Experience working in a cross-functional and fast-paced team environment overseeing delivery teams and measure against defined KPIs.
- Must have a desire and to develop new business and manage client relationships.
- Passion for client service and creating great client experiences, with an attitude of “going above and beyond” to exceed expectations.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and quality experience.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills with high attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and presentation.
- Thoroughly and accurately understand issues and analyze the problem in a systemic fashion.