Senior Vice President, Head of Construction Management at DO NOT USE - Amherst (Austin, TX)
Open the door to your dream job and join #TeamMainStreet. With more than 22,000 homes in 30 markets, Main Street Renewal is one of the largest providers of single-family rental homes across the country. We understand that our employees are the invaluable drivers of our success. That's why we hire the most talented, passionate individuals who enjoy contributing to a growing, winning team. Here, you'll be a part of a fast-growing company dedicated to providing a best in class leasing and customer service experience to our residents.
The Senior Vice President, Head of Construction Management is an executive-level position that will lead a team of ~150 professionals managing an aggressively growing portfolio of over 25,000 SFR rental homes across the country for a technology and data-driven real estate firm. This role is responsible for all aspects of Construction Operations including team development, performance and operational strategy and will play a pivotal role in the firm’s growth. This role includes ownership and accountability for planning, resource allocation, inspections, project and program management, vendor relations, maintenance, quality and costs across our portfolio and teams.
We are seeking a candidate with significant industry experience who will also bring existing knowledge of and the ability to deliver “best in class” operations that will add value to the overall construction portfolio. The ideal candidate should have strong data and analytical skills to provide a data-driven approach to operations, they should also be growth-oriented and entrepreneurial to think outside of the box to come up with creative solutions to industry challenges.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide strong leadership and support for the Construction, Maintenance and Vendor Relationship teams.
- Set and deliver team KPIs/operating and financial goals and ensure individuals and teams are meeting company goals and expectations
- Executive oversight for all Construction business planning, performance and quality of performance while ensuring that goals are met and delivered on time and on budget
- Develop annual operating budget
- Lead and deliver communication throughout the organization as well as take responsibility for furthering the career development of staff members.
- Serve as the liaison between leadership in the field and Executive Management
- Drive business growth and profitably via constant oversight of KPIs and necessary adjustments to operations to achieve them
- Provide guidance to the team on the execution of asset-level strategies to ensure milestones are achieved and investment returns are maximized.
- Recruit, manage, and mentor the Construction team; help create a strong culture across the teams
- Interface with investors and other critical external constituencies on occasion
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of 10+ years of experience in Construction management in home building or renovation, with 5 years in a Senior Leadership position
- Single-Family, Multi-Family or Production Homebuilder experience a plus
- Experience managing large budgets and teams
- Experience acting as the GC with sub relationships
- Proficient in BuildPro, Hyphen, Yardi, Salesforce, and all Microsoft applications
Our full-time employee benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO including 7 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, and 1 volunteer day
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Up to 16 weeks paid maternity leave; up to 4 weeks of paid parental leave
- Backup childcare offered through Bright Horizons
- Relaxed casual environment with virtual office events
Main Street Renewal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.