Senior Technical Consultant, ITOM at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
The Senior Technical Consultant, IT Workflow is the functional and technical expert of a customer engagement team - consulting with customers and configuring the ServiceNow IT Operations Management products (Discovery, Service Mapping, Event Mgt, Cloud Provisioning & Governance, etc.) based on configuration best practices - all with the goal of accelerating and driving customer business outcomes.
Preferred Location(s): Remote CA, Remote IL, Remote NY, Remote, TX
What you get to do in this role:
- Be the technical expert in how to best support IT by configuring IT Operations Management Service Delivery using ServiceNow best practices focused on configuration vs. customization
- Support the engagements efforts for IT - specific process definition, re-engineering, improvement and gap analysis of current/future-state processes during workshops with key customer sponsors and stakeholders
- Advise customers in their efforts to take advantage of the ServiceNow IT Operations Management solution's standard capabilities in their efforts to improve their IT processes
- Lead customer design workshops focused on ServiceNow Platform and IT Operation Management solution technology
- Guiding customers in completing required documentation such as business requirement workbooks for technical aspects of the solution
- Drafting more technically-focused user stories, their acceptance criteria, testing strategy and knowledge transfer while supporting customers in reviewing and approving them
- Guides and provides ad-hoc oversight/training for the customer's future system administrators throughout the engagement
- Lead technical aspects of project delivery and solution delivery for engagements, sometimes providing oversight and unit testing of partner resources development
- Be a lead member of an overall engagement project team focused on delivering successful and substantive customer outcomes
- Develop required integration components (SSO, LDAP, etc.) with multiple systems
- Develop required portal components
- Prepare all customer-facing deliverables focused on the technology and responsible for quality of configured/developed solution
- Juggle multiple and complex projects/initiatives
- Promoting continuous improvement practices for delivery/engagement materials
- Supporting specific sales activities when required
- Providing training and mentoring to other members of the ServiceNow delivery team and partner ecosystem upon request
- Up to 50% travel annually, driven by customer needs and internal meetings
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has strong technical understanding and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- At least 3 years of configuration/development experience for complex, highly-capable, technologies - inclusive of integrations and portals
- Advanced and current understanding (and practice) in Windows Domain and Unix System Administration. Including the understanding of described domain structures, user permission levels, group policy objects and the execution of SUDO Policies
- Enterprise architecture domains
- AMZN API, VMware automation, Puppet/Chef/Ansible, integration & automation expertise with orchestration
- Service oriented and distributed application architecture in the enterprise (web services, data access and persistence, client/server, etc)
- Cloud Management Platforms such as AWS, VMware, BMC, etc.
- IT Operations experience in storage, network, and compute of enterprise environments
- ITIL / CMDB implementations (CCMDB, UCMDB, etc.)
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills to include technical and business concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult (providing options with pros, cons, and risks) around all key technical decisions during project delivery
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer centric attitude, ability to deal with cultural diversity
- Proven team player and team builder
- Degree or equivalent, preferably in Information Technology and proven experience in technical consulting roles
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .