Senior Strategy Associate at Caribou
At Caribou, we’re on a mission to help people save money and take control of their car payments. Caribou does this by using technology to unlock low rates, and people to make the process easy and enjoyable. We offer a fully online application and a dedicated team to walk you through the process. We put Drivers in control.
Caribou is a hyper-growth company built by leaders from the technology, automotive, and finance industries. We’re proud to be backed by a great team of investors, including QED Investors, Goldman Sachs, Moderne Ventures, Accomplice, Link Ventures, Motley Fool Ventures and others.
About the Role
Caribou is looking for a Senior Strategy Associate that can blend internal insights and external trends to help architect how Caribou should think about growth in the mid- to long-term. You’re quantitative enough to build robust market size estimates and business cases and understand data science concepts, but are qualitative enough to communicate bold and controversial ideas to senior management and develop strategic frameworks to help guide their thinking. You’ll be a key member of our strategy development team with exposure to senior leaders throughout the organization and are expected to be a major contributor to the company’s long term strategic trajectory through sound business guidance.
- Identify opportunities for growth, efficiency, and profitability within the core businesses
- Develop strategic perspectives on new business lines, types of services, or geographies as part of a comprehensive growth strategy
- Monitor macroeconomic and industry-specific trends and how they relate to our business and how we should respond
- Develop strategic frameworks to help our leadership team understand and tackle the most pressing issues facing the business including growth strategies, cross-functional strategic planning, and competitive intelligence and strategy
This role can be based out of Caribou offices in Washington, DC; Denver, CO; Austin, TX. Alternatively, the role may be based remotely within the U.S. Caribou currently requires that all personnel and visitors to any of its offices are fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. As a result, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be eligible for this position (subject to any exemptions or accommodations due to medical or religious reasons).
We are looking for a candidate with:
- A degree in a business-oriented field like strategy, economics, management, operations
- 2-4 years of experience at a top tier strategy consulting firm, internal strategy at a financial institution, or financial technology firm
- Expertise in PowerPoint or Slides
- Exceptional communication skills
- The ability to break down and solve large unstructured problems
- Independent thinker and self starter
- Startup experience
How we will take care of you
Everyone at Caribou is a valued team member, and we always strive to live up to our value Take Care of Each Other. Our compensation and benefits package includes:
- Competitive compensation: $100-$120k annual salary
- Equity in a high-growth company
- 401k savings program with 3% company contribution
- Generous paid time off including: 20 days accrued PTO per year, 14 annual company holidays, 16-weeks paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and volunteer day
- Robust wellness benefits including company-paid plans for health, dental, vision, mental health, disability and basic life insurance
- Optional benefits to suit your individual circumstances such as HSAs, FSAs, supplemental life and medical insurance, and pet insurance
- Up to $1,000 per year for eligible professional development expenses
Our Core Values
We come from all walks of life and are joined together by our shared values, which guide our work. This helps us improve life for our customers, our communities and our team members.
- See people as people
- Take care of each other
- Commit to the mission
- Move quickly and bravely
- Get better every day
- Seek truth
Caribou is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, marital status, military or protected veteran status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. This position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above, and the scope and responsibilities are subject to change. A pre-employment background check is required as a condition of employment.