Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager at Cisco Meraki (San Francisco, CA)
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us! By simplifying powerful technology we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products, and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
We are seeking a Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager who is looking to grow into a role of leading and negotiating with Silicon partners. In this role, you will act as the primary contact for selecting vendors, negotiation, and supplier management. You will lead the engagement with the supply base, support the development organization, and implementation of product strategy with best-in-class pricing, flexibility, and supply assurance. This job requires someone who can work closely with the Hardware team and communicate and influence the silicon commodity strategy.
- 5 years of proven experience in sourcing and running Silicon suppliers (CPU/Sensor/memory/RF) with exposure to key players in the industry.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or similar strongly preferred. Additional years of proven experience (outlined above) considered in lieu of a relevant degree.
- Excellent knowledge of the component manufacturing process.
- Extensive negotiation experience with global suppliers and proven success in cost reduction.
- Proven track record in researching, building, and maintaining cost models that enable product road map decisions.
- Ability to sell Meraki technical strategies to the supply base for strategic relationship building and investment
- Ability to influence engineering designs by recommending 2nd source or new technologies
- Able to travel up to 20% to Asia, especially Taiwan and China.
Bonus If You Have:
- Experience with component specification analysis and/or experience in comparing datasheets.
- Experience in optics (lens) and sensor technology for camera development.
- Experience in semiconductor Engineering, product management, or NPI product operations.
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on the region.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.