Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
What You Will Be Doing
The Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager for telecom is responsible for acquiring, structuring and negotiating third-party contracts for telecommunications products and services (voice and data communications, LAN and WAN networks and equipment, wireline and wireless equipment, and on-premise and SaaS services). Serves as a Procurement subject matter expert, partnering with business leaders to optimize financial and operational benefits, and with risk managers to mitigate the risks associated with third-party relationships.
- Leads and manages procurement engagements with cross-functional internal teams, including needs analysis, market analysis, competitive intelligences, RFI and RFP development, cost and proposal analysis, deal structuring, contract negotiation, and implementation development
- Facilitates development of relationships with vendors/suppliers and maintains relationships for long-term contracts
- Establishes systems and procedures to ensure and enhance overall quality
- Establishes requirements for suppliers to achieve process and quality standards
- Reviews, analyzes, and monitors supplier contract performance and compliance
- Negotiates supplier agreements, statements of work, order forms and other partnering arrangements
- Tracks and analyzes vendor spend and performance
- Maintains solutions to ensure purpose and functionality of suppliers closely aligns with business procedures, directions, and strategies
- Manages the selection process to evaluate products based on user requirements, makes recommendations, and ensures purchases are in alignment with current standards and strategy
- In partnership with business leaders, develop short and long term sourcing category strategies, and execute multiple, medium to high risk and complex projects concurrently
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders to identify current and future business requirements and strategies for third party provider relationships
- Continually maintain knowledge of market and industry trends and professional best practices
- Network externally with industry and international experts to facilitate effective strategic intelligence
- Ensures compliance to contract changes and/or updates based on corporate guidelines and regulatory compliance
- Train, develop, and monitor staff
- May manage staff or line of business.
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience
- Five or more years of current sourcing experience focused on computer hardware and software, as well as contract negotiation, financial management, and vendor relationship experience
- Extensive understanding of all strategic sourcing policies and procedures
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing or vendor management functions and procedures
- Knowledge of client or vendor relations
- Knowledge of project management methods and techniques
- Broad knowledge of risk management practices and principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various s levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Excellent problem solving, team and time management skills managing multiple deadlines for self and others
- Proficiency in evaluating the performance capabilities of subordinates as well as counsel subordinates in development and/or corrective discipline
- Proficiency in making projections of future expenses based on analysis of cost effectiveness of past expenditures
- Proficiency to operate independently
What We Offer You
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.