Senior Security Strategist at Fastly (Remote)
Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Senior Security Strategist
Fastly’s Security Specialist team is responsible for providing security insights and technical recommendations and knowledge throughout the prospecting and pre-sales stages of the sales process. Partnering with Sellers, Account Managers and Channel Specialists, they represent the Fastly security product externally, and help Fastly to win new business, close deals and grow Security Business across the globe.
Fastly is looking for a Web Security subject matter expert to join our team leading efforts to drive Fastly Security Sales target, effectively communicating Fastly’s Security Services to our largest, most complex customers and use cases across UK
As the first Senior Security Specialist for the UK you will be key in efforts to level up and enable our local sales and sales engineering teams on Fastly security portfolio, competitive displacement and the wider threat landscape. Lastly, you will be key in local Marketing efforts and events.
This position will be based in our London office with the ability to work remotely.
What You'll Do
- Assist local teams in winning net new security business helping customers by becoming a trusted advisor
- Help to build best practices with regards to proof of concepts (PoC), product demonstrations and other customer facing activities
- Establish and maintain a feedback loop to Fastly’s Security Product team(s), helping ensure that product features are prioritized and that the voice of the customer is heard.
- Ensure that the local teams are aware of new Security features and their associated use case and that proof of value exercises are implemented using best practices.
- Improve competitive analysis and displacement techniques for competing security solutions in the APJ region.
- Ensure Sales and Sales Engineering are kept up to date on Fastly Security offerings through running internal demonstrations and presentations
- Help teams stay up to date on competitive events and services
- Work with Fastly Marketing ensuring successful customer security events and product announcements
- Host roundtable discussions with customers and 3rd parties
- Author compelling talk tracks for use in public speaking engagements
What We're Looking For
- Fluent in English with strong communication and presenting skills
- Seasoned security expert (8+ years) with strong experience in three or more of the following technologies and processes.
- Content Delivery and Edge Platforms
- Web Application Firewalls (WAF)
- DDoS Mitigation
- Bot Management
- DevOps and CI/CD
- Prior experience in a PreSales focused position
- Comfortable in an industry facing role - presenting at industry events, panels, customer events, press interviews
- Ability to act with little to no supervision
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.