Senior Problem Manager at ServiceNow (San Diego, CA)
At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can't wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2021 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies®.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
This role is for a Senior Problem Manager.
Senior Problem Managers play an integral part in ServiceNow's success, and we work closely with Development, Infrastructure, and Customer Support to manage known errors, mitigate impact, and drive remediation.
What you get to do in this role:
- Drive root cause investigations for the high impact/high visibility escalated issues.
- Collaborate with the cross functional teams to achieve the best resolution for our customers.
- Ensure the prioritization, planning, and execution of problems to achieve the best results for the company and our customers
- Develop and implement evidence-driven quality and process improvement initiatives across the organization
- Contribute to the design of the Problem Management process, data modeling and reporting
- Leading by example to cultivate and maintain a culture built on teamwork and collaboration.
Tobe successful in this role you have:
- 10+ plus years of technical experience with at least 5 years of problem/product management or an allied field within customer support, operations, or engineering.
- Strong understanding or experience supporting Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) or Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Able to query data and generate report logic using one of a variety of tools, including SQL, Tableau, Microsoft Excel, Python Pandas, or similar for data research and analysis tasks.
- Experience in using tools like Splunk, BigData, Eclipse.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with an aptitude for continuous learning of new technologies
- Passion to solve and manage complex issues and commitment for customer success.
- Ability to effectively communicate within a team environment and across organizational levels to include co-workers, managers, and customers.
- The ability to drive issues to resolution including the ability to appropriately manage and drive meetings and tasks
- Attention to detail and the ability to communicate the right level of detail to the right audience.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Have working knowledge and applied skills in ITIL, preferably ITIL v3, Change, Incident and Problem Management.
- Knowledge of the ServiceNow product.
- Understanding of Java or any other programming language
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.