Senior Practice Manager at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting, and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping.
The FIS Americas Banking and Digital Consulting team providesproject basedservices to help our banking customers create their unique service solutions. You will be working with a team of highly skilled consultants providing innovate solutions utilizing a variety of FIS products and services.
What you will be doing
You will play a key role in helping our consulting business deliver complex projects and programs. By successfully managing your team, you will help ensure that FIS delivers quality and effective solutions to our clients while helping to drive revenue for our consulting division.
You will be directly involved with many of these project and programs by developing relationships with clients, internal executive stakeholders, and supplier teams to help team members overcome obstacles to make projects successful. Additionally, you will:
- Managing resources to ensure they effectively implement project and programs using our methodology
- Manage your team to lead initiatives for our customers so that we can reach our financial goals
- Provide coaching and mentoring to your team so that they can grow in their career development
- Collaborate with teams to effectively solve internal barriers with large cross-functional teams to meet program goals
- Identify and cultivate new opportunities by reviewing statements of work and providing input on appropriate staffing levels for client engagements
- Develop and improve the practice by creating and enhancing our group's methodologies, deliverables, and new service offerings to address market opportunities
What you bring:
You will bring the following key skills and experience to help us succeed:
- Proven record in managing a team; ideally, a team of project or program managers
- Experience leading large complex programs with competing priorities
- Adept at leading executive level strategic conversations with the ability to drive to decisions
- Comfortable leading difficult customer conversations including negotiating potential tradeoffs
- An understanding of working within a consulting organization to drive revenue
- Excellent organization, team-building, coaching and mentoring, project management and time management skills
- Strong financial management and planning skills
- Excellent skills in communicating ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner
- Willing to travel 25% to 35% or as needed
- Typically requires fifteen or more years of related experience
Added bonus if you have:
- An understand of financial and banking solutions
- Broad knowledge of FIS' products and services, business practices and processes
- Project management or Agile certifications
What we offer you
- Working with an experienced professional services organization with a history of delivering successful solutions
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow in your career
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.