For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset - using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is hiring a Senior Merchandising Associate to join our team within Guild’s Product team. You will play a key role in helping to build a marketplace that serves working adult learners. In particular, this role will support, implement, and operationalize merchandising strategies, to improve and scale Guild’s Learning Marketplace Catalog.
As a Senior Merchandising Associate, you will be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Owning and managing operational work streams to scale our marketplace
- Partnering cross-functionally with Marketplace Enablement, Academic Partnerships, Product Operations, and Product Management teams to onboard new academic partners and employer partners
- Taking initiative to identify and pursue opportunities where Merchandising can work more effectively with other cross-functional teams within Guild and create efficient processes
- Identifying problems in current processes and making improvements; developing new processes when there aren’t clear processes or expectations, both within Merchandising and with cross-functional teams
- Socializing new catalog features or operational merchandising initiatives with appropriate partners
- Collaborating with internal partners to resolve operational, academic, and student-related issues in a timely manner
- Soliciting feedback and using data to identify, surface, and act on opportunities to enhance the student experience and work closely with the catalog Product Manager
- Ensuring we are prioritizing and merchandising the right programs for our employers and students
You are a strong fit for this role if you possess the following traits and skills:
- 3+ years of total experience in similar or related roles, preferably in dynamic cross-functional organizations
- Strong project management abilities
- Process oriented approach
- Curiosity and passion for learning
- A high attention to detail; ability to manage high-level process planning and execution down to the small details
- High sense of urgency
- Clear communication skills
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams and have a teammate approach
- Passion for our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary of $70,000 - $85,000 as well as company stock options.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 15 days of PTO/vacation in the first year. After your first year (or for Guilders in Director+ positions), you transition into an open vacation policy.
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.