At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, almost 20 million visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
The mission of the Workplace Experience Team (the “WE Team”) is to create and support a well-maintained facility, while providing the highest quality service in a responsive and efficient manner, to foster the productivity, innovation, collaboration, efficiency and comfort of all employees as they work to accomplish the Company’s business objectives, and to help the Company to attract and retain talent. As Senior Manager, Workplace Experience, reporting to the Executive Director, Workplace Experience, you will directly impact the WE Team’s strategic direction and day-to-day achievement of its mission.
What You’ll Do:
Key responsibilities of the Senior Manager, Workplace Experience include the following:
Annual Strategic Plan
Work together with the Workplace Experience and Employment Experience teams to devise the WE Team’s annual strategic plan.
Lead the execution of that plan to carry out the WE Team’s mission and report quarterly to the Executive Team highlighting the team’s progress against its goals.
Develop a methodology to track, monitor and report on the status of initiatives and continuous operational improvements.
Build and manage the department’s annual budget and various reforecasts throughout the year.
Review and reconcile expenditures on a monthly basis to facilitate accruals and reclassification of charges as needed.
Prepare for monthly expense review meetings by providing explanations of variances.
Stay abreast of industry best practices and identify new technologies that will enable optimization of a hybrid work environment where employees are working in-office and remotely.
Provide backup support for facility operations
- Oversee management of all WE Team vendor relationships. Source and manage vendors necessary for implementation of WE Team Programs
Design and implement policies and procedures that ensure a safe and efficient work environment.
Lead the Company’s Business Continuity Plan (BCP) effort, including managing tabletop exercises and plan updates.
Oversee the Company’s safety programs (Rescue Rangers and the Injury and Illness Prevention Program) and training to ensure compliance with legal and property management company requirements.
Keep abreast of and report on all applicable federal, state and local requirements related to Covid office reopening and maintenance. Partner with EE and Legal to develop and implement a plan for Edquarters
Internal Events and Experiences
- Work with the Employment Experience team to build and maintain an annual roadmap of internal employee and workplace related Company events.
- Work with EE Team to develop and deliver programs that enhance the employee workplace experience and contribute to the Company’s reputation of being a Great Place to Work
Stakeholder Management; WE Team Ambassador
Partner cross-functionally with key internal partners on facilities and events-related issues to help those departments accomplish their strategic goals.
Be the trusted facilitator and collaborator that assists internal partners in meeting their department goals and their facilities/event needs while being proactive and anticipatory, when possible.
- Serve as an Edmunds workplace ambassador to internal and external clients, representing the culture and values that serve as the foundation for the Company’s reputation for being a Great Place to Work.
What You Need:
- Strategic thinker who can see the big picture and proactively identify solutions.
- Strong leadership skills in driving large programs with the ability to partner and influence cross-functionally.
- Strong project manager, with excellent organizational skills.
- Highly flexible and able to change course mid-stream.
- Ability to deliver clear and concise verbal and written communication to all levels in an organization.
- Strong follow-through and ability to respond to/complete requests/tasks in a timely and thorough manner.
- Ability to assess and prioritize workload in a deadline driven environment.
- Experience managing large budgets and drafting annual spending plans.
Flexible time off
13 Paid Holidays
Comprehensive Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
Flexible Spending Accounts (Employees) and Health Savings Accounts (Employee and Employer Contributions)
401K Plan with Company Matching at 50%, up to 6% of employee eligible contribution and vesting after 1 year
Up to 4 months Paid Parental Leave
HeartCash matches employee donations to the causes that are important to them
2 Days of Paid Time Off for time to dedicate to social impact causes
FitCash covers a portion of gym or fitness activity fees
Well being sessions and events such as yoga, meditation and walking challenges
On-going career development sessions and an annual learning event
Plus a coffee bar, frozen yogurt and more!
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, Built in LA and Inc. Magazine. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.