Senior Manager, Technology Change Risk Oversight at Capital One (Washington DC)
Senior Manager, Technology Change Risk Oversight
Technology Risk Management (TRM) is a growing organization focused on providing expert advice, credible challenge, and effective oversight of information security and technology activities to identify, assess, control, and manage cyber and technology risk throughout the company. This organization plays a critical role in helping to ensure that the company's risk-taking entities are aware of the risks inherent in their activities and decisions, the impact of their actions on the company at an enterprise level, and opportunities to reduce, mitigate, or avoid risks altogether. Associates within the Technology Risk Management organization are highly-skilled information security, cyber, technology, or risk management professionals who have a wealth of experience and a demonstrated ability to provide value-added recommendations and deliver high-impact results in their areas of expertise.
This position - Senior Manager, Technology Change Risk Oversight - will play a key role in the review, risk identification, risk assessment, reporting, and effective challenge of technology processes, controls, and capabilities, including but not limited to material and high risk technology changes . This individual will provide subject matter expertise, oversight, and effective challenge of key Technology areas such as cloud services, enterprise architecture, cloud migrations, and overall technology deployments. As part of the second line of defense, this position will also collaborate closely with associates in first line Cyber, Technology, the Lines of Business, as well as other second line of defense risk management offices to perform and support evaluations of the effectiveness of the firm's controls infrastructure and offer independent advice and recommendations regarding ways to further mature the firm's cyber risk management capabilities.
Finally, as a member of a growing organization, you will have the opportunity to shape and further refine your portfolio commensurate with the priorities of the organization and the company. The demands and high-visibility nature of this position requires an expert with a proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and who can begin contributing immediately.
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
- Provide technical leadership in assessing the practices of designing, developing, testing and implementing cloud native solutions to crucial business problems through thoughtful use of industry best practices and Capital One policy.
- Evaluate proposed and approved cloud technical solutions for automation, resiliency, performance, scalability, and security including appropriate tradeoffs, risks and opportunities
- Evaluate/assess complex technological and business environment migrations to the cloud and integrated end-to-end solution options
- Build and maintain relationships with technical leaders, business owners, engineers and other stakeholders to understand and evaluate implementation plans, business priorities and technical solutions to ensure risk are well communicated and understood by the key stakeholders
- Keep up-to-date on cutting edge technology, standards, protocols and tools in areas relevant to the rapidly changing environment at Capital One, specifically cloud native architecture, serverless, and emerging AWS services
- Demonstrate strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Communicate and drive highly complex technology solutions to broad audiences including executives, business leaders, product managers, legal experts, security specialists and software engineers
- Define, structure and plan work independently
- Perform independent risk assessment of our cloud environment focusing on architecture, engineering, networking, governance.
- Provide expertise and advice regarding the effectiveness of device configurations, IT architecture, or IT engineering solutions
- Consult with risk owners on the design and implementation or adjustment of mitigating controls associated with emerging technologies
- Draft and publish independent reports for risk owners, senior management, and other stakeholders regarding risks associated with new or emerging technologies
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in the fields of information security or information technology
- At least 3 years of experience with Public Cloud implementations
- At least 1 year of experience drafting reports or analytic assessments for senior management
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or in an Engineering discipline
- Professional certification: AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Security Speciality, AWS SysOps Administrator, or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Experience with Information Security at the policy, architecture or implementation level
- Ability to communicate clearly and to interact effectively at all levels of the organization, and to influence as warranted and appropriate to drive to consensus
- Experience with identifying and communicating key risks related to cloud native implementations and architectures
- Experience with analysis of emerging threats and reports that describe the implications of threat(s) and opportunities to executives or senior decision-makers
- Passion and expertise in cybersecurity and technology risk, with an ability to be confident, respectful, and articulate when registering dissenting or unpopular opinions
- Ability to manage multiple high-visibility and high-impact projects while maintaining superior results
- Execution oriented and a self-motivator
- Familiarity with controls and control frameworks (e.g. NIST Cybersecurity Framework, NIST 800-53, CIS Top 20, ISO, COBIT, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and in a team, taking a lead role on projects when necessary
- Prior experience working in financial services or other highly-regulated sectors
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).