Bestow is the leading digital platform for life insurance. As both a direct-to-consumer destination and an infrastructure provider, Bestow is on a mission to make life insurance accessible to millions of underserved families.
We strive for work-life balance and believe happy employees make for better experiences and happier customers. It’s a model that helped us land on Forbes’ Best Startup Employers 2021 and 2022 lists!
ABOUT THE TEAM
The team is a high-profile, strategic part of Bestow, and this position is vital for the evolution of our organization. As a Senior Manager, Strategy and Business Operations (BizOps), you will spearhead and influence key decisions via collaborative problem-solving and analytical rigor.
This role is highly visible, working across Bestow to shape our growth, strategic, financial, and business operations efforts. You will report to our Head of Strategic Finance & BizOps to lead key cross-functional initiatives. We are looking for a “driven professional athlete” that brings learning agility, thoughtfulness, excellent communication skills, and the ability to collaborate with multiple teams.
We ideally would like this person located in Austin, TX but are open to Remote US (#LI-Remote) for the right candidate.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Strategy Leadership: Support the development of our long-term strategy. Drive long-term growth plans and profitability goals. Align departmental objectives, processes, and resources with Bestow’s organizational strategy
- Market Expertise: Maintain strong company and sector expertise. Report on emerging market trends and recommend expansion opportunities. Identify and report on competitive threats
- Business Operations Management: Conduct research and analysis of operational effectiveness and business processes. Recommend resource allocation solutions that will enhance the performance of the business
- Business Development Support: Assess data to gain insights and recommend pricing strategies that align closely with market trends. Develop dynamic pricing tools to effectively respond to changing market needs. Contribute to proposals, as needed
- Special Projects Ownership: Lead cross-functional projects to deliver a key business outcome. Engage with multiple leaders across Bestow to support them, as needed
- 4-5 years of professional experience at a top-tier management consulting firm, bizops/strategy role, investment banking, and/or strategic finance.
- Experience in financial services is a plus
- Superior problem-solving skills and entrepreneurial spirit that allows you to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional presentation skills with outstanding persuasive communication skills which are critical to approaching difficult problems in a structured manner and articulating them clearly
- Collaborative style and viewed as a strong business partner, consistently adding value with an outcomes-oriented mindset Solicit and accept feedback, criticism, and alternative points of view. Intellectually curious and demonstrated self-starter
- BA, BS required. MBA or an advanced degree is a plus
Competitive salary and equity based on role
Annual bonus based on company and individual performance
Flexible PTO plan
100% paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance
Paid parental leave
Annual lifestyle spending account to support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing
Flexible work-from-home policy and open to remote
Learning & Development opportunities
We value diversity at Bestow. We hire, recruit, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. We understand the importance of creating a safe and comfortable work environment and encourage individualism and authenticity in every member of our team.