Senior Manager, Risk Portfolio at OkCoin
Who We Are
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 20 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, and Korea, but we believe in you working wherever you work best.
About the Team
The Risk function at OKCoin is responsible for the overall risk and fraud prevention culture at the company. We’re a team of risk-minded problem solvers who advise the business on the company’s regulatory obligations and enterprise risk. We’re also deeply committed to moving the needle on risk standards for the crypto industry, building products in a compliant way, and protecting the company from financial, regulatory and reputational risks. Our team consists of seasoned risk professionals who are based across our global offices.
About the Opportunity
This is a highly-impactful role at one of the fastest-growing global cryptocurrency exchanges headquartered in San Francisco, CA. The Sr. Manager, Risk Portfolio will offer a strategic perspective, sound business judgement, deep analytical capabilities, and a collaborative working style. The right candidate will have strong intellectual curiosity and passion for achieving business results.
An ability to quickly define the problem, conduct analysis, and provide timely recommendations will be essential. Key skills will include an ability to develop relationships across multiple departments and lead key initiatives with integrity and a passion for investigations, problem solving, and troubleshooting.
The position is a unique opportunity to both manage the risk and partner with the business to grow user adoption and overall product/feature revenue.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop Risk policies / strategies / rules to understand and mitigate fraud on the platform while enabling the business to grow;
- Understand impact of risk policy on Okcoin’s ecosystem (trade-off between loss/risk mitigation and revenue growth / positive customer experience);
- Responsible for monitoring performance of a portfolio (ACH/Card) and individual policies implemented;
- Promote a data-driven culture within the department with value-added data analysis and timely management of information;
- Engage in storytelling via data analytics to connect the dots and visualize problems or pain points within the business; and
- Establish effective cross-functional relationships with Product, Customer Service, Business Intelligence, Engineering, Marketing, Business Development to build and operationalize robust risk solutions to address emerging business issues.
What We Look For In You:
- 5+ years creating fraud risk policies in Fintech, eCommerce, or financial services;
- Deep understanding of risk management in multiple fraud areas: investigations, chargebacks, identity theft, account takeover, ACH Rejects, wire fraud, etc.;
- Experience with risk/data analytics, tools, and concepts e.g. SQL, Python, Risk Rule Engines, Risk Modeling, Identity Verification, etc.;
- Experience in a fast-paced startup environment with a strong level of initiative;
- Strong organizational skills and excellent follow-through;
- Ability to learn new technology tools quickly; and
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed.
Nice to Haves:
- Crypto/Blockchain experience;
- Customer Service / Call Center experience;
- Advanced Excel skills, and the ability to write and execute SQL/Python are desirable;
- Relevant Fraud certifications e.g. Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), etc.;
- Fluency in a second language (Mandarin, Spanish, Korean, etc.); and
- Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree.
Highlights of Perks and Benefits
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible PTO policy, company paid holidays, and flexible hours
- UberEats Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!
Okcoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.