Senior Manager, Regulatory Reporting at Circle (Remote)
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
As part of the Compliance Programs team, you will help to create a central global function focused on developing a best in class compliance management system, which will support all regional and core compliance team functions. This team is responsible for compliance risk management through a combination of development, assessment and oversight of key compliance programs throughout Circle.
Specifically, as a key second line of defense role, you will be responsible for supporting the strategy, development and implementation of Circle’s regulatory compliance program. You will work with the business and compliance/risk peers to ensure Circle’s regulatory reporting obligations are submitted accurately and timely. You will provide oversight, identify risks, and keep the broader team informed of Circle’s regulatory initiatives.
What you'll work on:
- Oversee Circle’s regulatory reporting obligations and ensure timely submission of all required filings, as necessary.
- Provide direct support to all internal stakeholder groups to assess, validate and ensure accuracy of all reports.
- Assess, develop and maintain proper controls, robust documentation, and change management approach for all reporting areas to provide assurance that Circle is operating a best-in-class reporting environment.
- Assess and scope new reporting requirements and establish the reporting processes to enable automation of the reporting processes
- Communicate issues with appropriate data owners. Monitor and track issues to ensure timely and appropriate resolutions are achieved
- Stays current on new and evolving regulatory reporting requirements, assess impact and ensure compliance for accurate reporting
- Working closely with our financial and accounting teams to ensure financial reporting and decision support is consistent in all future regulatory applications
- Maintain and oversee applicable regulatory licenses for a range of international and US state licenses, including renewals and regulatory notifications.
- Coordinate regulatory engagements, oversee regulatory examinations and reviews and support management in implementing corrective actions.
- Provide support and input for related audits or examinations from internal/external parties and collaborate with compliance program leads to ensure findings are appropriately remediated.
- Provide vision and business requirements to technology teams to develop scalable reporting and licensing compliance systems.
- Assist regional Heads of Compliance in ensuring that all regulatory processes are scalable and remain compliant.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on regulatory changes and industry landscape.
- Build out and lead a team, as necessary, to support these efforts
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 10+ years relevant experience in compliance, regulatory or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience managing people
- Detailed knowledge and experience in regulatory reporting and examination management
- Compliance experience in either banking, consulting, or cryptocurrency required. Experience in a RegTech or Fintech company preferred
- Strong communication, planning and project management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent ability to investigate, analyze, and interpret data as well as state and federal regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of and passion for harnessing the power of digital currency and blockchain technology and services built on top of it.
- Experience working hands-on with other cross-functional team leaders, such as lawyers, engineers, product managers, data analysts, operations analysts in improving compliance processes and systems.
- Experience and comfort leading engagements with regulators.
- Experience and comfort working in an ever-changing industry and the flexibility to quickly react to changing demands.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#LI-Remote