Join the team as our next Senior Manager, Regional DEI North America and LATAMWho we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout Latin America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.About the job
This position will promote and lead Twilio’s DEI efforts across our North American and Latin American Regions as Twilio embarks on a journey to become an Anti-Racism organization. The Regional Leader will support Twilions as we navigate DEI initiatives and programs applying the Twilio Magic. The incumbent has a demonstrated track record of collaborating within the DEI space, globally. We are on the journey of becoming an anti-racist company, so this role is critical to the growth of our anti-racist journey in the region.Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Develop and maintain DEI project plans and end-to-end documentation.
- Develop and maintain DEI Talent Management programmatic offerings.
- Managing Regional DEI Partnership relationships with external partners.
- Aligns DEI Strategies with Talent Management and Talent Acquisition teams.
- Driving DEI Initiatives in alignment with Regional HRBPs
- Leverage DEI Data to move not prove DEI impact assessment in Region
- Formulates and deploys action plans related to Safe Spaces and DEI interventions.
- Operates as leading advisor and advocate for DEI within the Region.
- Translates barriers to implementation of DEI strategies into feasible options.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Experience working within Talent Acquisition to understand hiring priorities and developing robust marketing plans to achieve hiring goals.
- 5-7 years experience in diversity, equity, and inclusion at a company - preferably a global company.
- Experience working independently and as part of a team. Will take the initiative to drive projects forward even under ambiguous circumstances.
- A self-starter that is nimble and knows how to navigate a hyper-growth and fast-paced environment without much supervision.
- Strong analytical skill; and must have experience in diversity analytics and understanding diversity data.
- Fluency in country and regional cultures applicable to Latin America and North America.
- Has experience working closely with HRBPs to help drive DEI initiatives.
- Flexibility to work across various geographies and timezones.
- Someone who is savvy, innovative, empathetic, curious, courageous, and resilient.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong preference for someone who has been in a similar role; has worked closely with ERGs and/or has a background in learning and development or talent management.
- Ability to influence and build effective working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in multiple languages applicable to the region.
- Familiarity with localization tactics to ensure our content is accessible and inclusive across multiple countries.
This role will be remote, and based in the USA.
Less than 5% travel is anticipated.What we offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including things like competitive pay, generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $132,230.00- $165,400.00.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected]