Meraki is making IT easier, faster, and smarter. As a business unit of Cisco Systems, Meraki is the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world with products and technology architecture that are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality. Headquartered in San Francisco, the team has a growing international footprint with offices in Europe, Australia, Singapore, Japan, and China.
Digital Workplace, Meraki’s Shared Services organization is looking for a Senior Manager, Procurement to join the team. This is a newly created role that will lead and transform centralized procurement operations, leading a team of procurement specialists and partnering with Meraki Finance to purchase goods and services across Meraki! Your team will be responsible for Contract Negotiation, Vendor Management, Vendor Effectiveness and management of Digital Workplace’s budget, including Hardware, SaaS, PaaS and facilities vendors. This role will also drive continuous improvement of service delivery and scalability of P2P operations and process while ensuring a high level of internal and external customer service and maintaining appropriate financial controls.
Digital Workplace sits at the center of Meraki, at the intersection of physical space and technology. We design, build and maintain the infrastructure that enables Meraki to deliver on its mission anywhere in the world. We are a team that cares deeply for our colleagues, on and off our team, and are committed to our mission. We are always looking for opportunities to simplify everything - bridging the complexity of technology to deliver a Meraki that enables our teams to focus on their work. As a member of the Digital Workplace Leadership Team, you will be an integral part in developing Meraki’s products as the voice of the customer within our business, and an integral part of our “Customer Zero” program to influence and inform new Meraki and Cisco products. Making IT Easier, Faster and Smarter starts with you!What You'll Do
- Manage relationships with vendors to ensure a high level of ROI and service satisfaction, through contract negotiations, strategic vendor alignment and an optimized renewal process.
- Deploy and maintain a centralized “one stop shop” for procurement at Meraki, working with your own team, Security, Finance and Legal to deliver a simple end to end process of onboarding and utilization of services.
- Leads the Procurement Operations team, ensuring the integrity of the process flows, proper controls, and compliance, including designing and refining platform/enterprise-wide processes, service delivery model and the process roadmap for the P2P cycle.
- Develop and ensure all commercial terms, SOWs, and Master Purchase Agreements are reviewed, agreed, and documented.
- Develop key performance measures for chosen suppliers and negotiate on multiple variables to award longer-term strategic contracts that result in significant cost reduction and improved service levels.
- Oversee preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end management reports and spend analysis (e.g., total vendors, vendor changes, new vendors, top vendors, Open Purchase Orders, highest vendors, contract compliance, etc.) and develops/reports on key performance indicators to measure performance and internal/external customer satisfaction levels.
- Work collaboratively with business end users to proactively improve P2P processes and service levels as well as active communication with AP and Finance teams to review cross-departmental impacts and reconcile data sharing.
- Through your team, and in partnership with Finance. manage budget visibility and spending of Digital Workplace.
- Strong analytical abilities and ability to apply mathematical concepts such as statistical data, fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Excellent leadership and management skills with demonstrated ability to: motivate direct reports; think strategically; and effect change and continuous improvement across diverse stakeholder groups
- A Customer mindset, with a focus on using the relationship and tools available to you in order to simplify and increase visibility into our procurement process.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills to influence and negotiating with leadership and peers to drive objective data-based decisions in a timely manner
- 1-3 years experience leading or 5+ years at the leadership level of procurement teams managing budgets of 10m - 25m
- Experience negotiating enterprise platform contracts for vendors such as Salesforce, AWS, Azure, Google, etc.
- P2P certifications (or similar)
- Strong ability to work cross-functionally, and experience working across those relationships to scale an organization.
- Experience in global procurement and logistics
- Experience working with Meraki, or in a similar high-growth industry
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.