Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 68 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase is looking for a privacy subject matter expert to grow a team of privacy analysts that partner across the business to embed privacy into everything we do. As the Privacy Partnerships lead, you excel in building relationships and guiding your team to manage complex privacy and data protection projects with technical and non-technical teams. You will be encouraged to ideate on how Coinbase approaches privacy topics, while equipping the privacy team to craft roadmaps with their partners and increase privacy maturity.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Build, manage, and coach a small team of privacy analysts to execute against our privacy roadmap
- Provide input on capability and maturity requirements to meet organizational needs, and inform the strategy to hire, build, or buy the right resources to meet those requirements
- Collaborate with Privacy leadership to develop program- and team-level objectives and key results, and hold your team accountable
- Identify and drive process improvements for streamlining privacy reviews, and work with your Privacy and Security peers to define feedback loops across global governance, risk, and compliance functions
- Conduct targeted privacy risk assessments. Present results and drive remediation
- Develop close partnerships with internal customers by embedding yourself into the roadmap planning processes for the teams you work with
- Advocate for internal privacy principles and identify creative ways to embed concepts of privacy by design into operational activities
- Oversee large scale privacy projects that are highly complex & cross functional in nature
- Reviewing product documentation and technical specifications for privacy impacts and collaborating with relevant stakeholders on remediation
- Serve as a point of escalation for your team, identify opportunities to address systemic challenges, and equip your team to drive issue resolution
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 8+ years experience in a privacy or security role with 4+ years of management experience
- Depth of experience building a privacy by design framework, or similar principles, into specific functions, such as Marketing, Product, Engineering, Data, and Sales
- Strong knowledge of privacy issues in relation to evolving technology (e.g., mobile, cloud, data lakes, machine learning)
- Experience building risk management frameworks (preferably in security or privacy) to objectively measure privacy risks, monitor risk levels, and track remediation
- A strong ability to dig into personal data and data flows from a technical perspective
- Ability to translate privacy standards out of compliance speak, and into functional requirements
- Master knowledge of privacy best practices, and working knowledge of major legal frameworks (e.g., CCPA, GDPR, PIPEDA, ePrivacy)
- You are willing to learn and apply processes unique to the challenges at Coinbase
- You are comfortable operating on an unpaved road to construct the first privacy partners program, and think creatively about how best to build a team over time
Nice to haves:
- Customer-facing experience (e.g. consulting, account management)
- A certification such as CIPP/US, CIPP/E, or CIPT is a plus, but not a requirement
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.