Orum is an intelligent all-in-one payments platform that unlocks instant, intelligent money movement in any direction with a single API. Powered by proprietary payment intelligence, Orum optimizes transactions for speed, cost, and risk, enabling intelligent routing across multiple rails – revolutionizing how consumers and businesses send, receive and access money. Orum’s vision is to power a better financial system where everyone has the freedom to build to their potential.
The Orum team is helmed by expert fintech operators from LearnVest, Marqeta, N26, Square, Stripe, and Stash and has raised over $82M from leading investors, including Accel, Canapi, Bain Capital Ventures, Inspired Capital, Homebrew, Acrew, BoxGroup, Clocktower Ventures, Primary Ventures, SVB Capital, and American Express Ventures. To learn more, visit Orum.io.
At Orum, we are a remote-first and people-first company. We believe that working remotely presents a unique opportunity to build a diverse team that opportunistically leverages distance to asynchronously work better. We have thoughtfully invested in the right tools and practices that will enable individuals to bring their best selves to work while having the flexibility and support to enjoy their personal lives. We are committed to cultivating an equitable and inclusive work environment where everyone's voice matters. If you’d like to play a part in crystallizing the vision of a world where money is smart, real time, and fully automated, we’d love to hear from you.
About the Position
Orum is seeking a Senior Manager of Partnerships to join our Partnerships Function within the Revenue team. The Partnerships team is focused on identifying and executing highly strategic partnerships across (but not limited to) the FinTech ecosystem, with the goal of unlocking and accelerating customer acquisition and revenue growth.
The Senior Manager will nurture their own pipeline of deals and will be primarily focused on indirect channels for customer acquisition such as referrals and direct integration with other platforms. You will help define the long-term partnerships strategy for Orum, as well as own the full end-to-end partnerships pipeline and lifecycle. This is a highly cross-functional role where you will collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders across Product, Technology, Sales, Legal and Marketing teams to identify, structure, negotiate and execute high-impact partnerships.
In this role, you’ll:
- Lead the partnerships cycle end to end, with an initial focus on channel referral partnerships, partnerships geared at data acquisition, and 3rd party product licensing.
- Leverage industry knowledge, research, and insights to help inform the partnerships strategy for Orum.
- Collaborate and negotiate with key decision makers, often C-Suite, spanning different functions, to get to deal close.
- Strategically structure commercials of partnership opportunities, ensuring that deal structure aligns with key product, financial and legal considerations.
- Work cross functionally with partners’ teams to identify levers for mutual value creation and secure buy-in required for timely and performant partnership execution.
- Collaborate cross functionally across Sales, Product, Technology, Data Science, and Legal to ensure that partnership scope and structure fully align with and are meaningfully informed by each required internal expert.
- Establish expert knowledge of Orum products, features, and metrics to lead insightful conversations with prospects.
- Build expertise in the financial infrastructure marketplace, especially with regards to payments, ACH and real-time payments (RTP)
You Should Apply If:
- You have 5-7+ years partnerships experience with a proven track record of high performance
- You have experience in Technology, Fintech and/or banking; experience working on data-acquisition and channel referral partnerships
- You have a proven ability to negotiate and close multi-faceted deals in the financial services space.
- You are skilled in navigating and leading complex partnerships across different stages and sizes of an organization – from mid-to early-stage companies, to more established, traditional enterprises within but not exclusive to Financial Services.
- You excel at engaging with business leaders and decision makers across multiple functions in partnership discovery, negotiation and execution.
- You are detail oriented, especially with regards to understanding and documenting partnership requirements and complexities.
- You are highly execution oriented, able to manage complex and often technical deals to close.
- You are a natural collaborator and excel in communicating to both internal teams and to external decision makers to create buy-in and alignment.
- You have a curious mindset who can rapidly become an expert and demonstrate fluency in new technologies.
- You can lead complex conversations in a highly consultative and proactive manner.
- You are a self-driven over-achiever with a bias towards action who thrives under pressure and loves to exceed expectations.
About our Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- 100% paid medical for you and your dependents, as well as dental and vision plans
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) Matching
- Employee stock incentive plan
- Take what you need PTO
- 12 paid holidays & 1-week company-wide time off in December
- Paid parental leave
- Paid monthly mental health days for you to reset and focus on your personal well being
- Weekly meeting-free, deep-work days
- Bi-weekly paid virtual “Cafeteria” lunches
- Subsidized membership to co-working spaces
- Quarterly health and wellness stipend
- Stipends for remote office supplies
- Ongoing professional development
Orum.io provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.