Senior Manager IT Service Desk at Vox Media (Remote)
We are the IT Service Desk team in the Information Technology and Media Production Technology department. We help create a seamless user experience to allow for our colleagues to produce high quality work without having to think about technology hurdles.
Vox Media is a leading modern media company. We guide our audience from discovery to obsession. We inspire essential conversations about what’s now, what’s next, and what’s possible.
As a community of journalists and storytellers, business professionals, creators and technologists, we believe it is a moral and business imperative to amplify voices: to cultivate diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our organization and media. This applies to our candidates, our teams, our storytelling, our creative work, and our platforms, products, and partnerships.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage a team of help desk professionals as well as external consultants to deliver high quality solutions and results to the business.
- Collaborate and partner with the team in order to address and resolve escalated issues and problems.
- Develop project plans and schedules to ensure constant coverage of multiple offices
- Manage service desk operations budget as well as roadmap in order to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Maintain and update onboarding documentation and processes for new hires
- Collaborate regularly with the IT leadership teams (Information Security, Post-Production, and Production Technology) on major initiatives and quarterly planning meetings to ensure alignment across the organization.
- Ensure that processes used by the service desk team are well documented and communicated
- Maintain an up-to-date and detailed inventory for all Vox Media owned computers and mobile devices.
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ years of experience in an IT related or help desk position.
- 3-5 years of experience in service desk management capacity.
- Comprehensive knowledge of IT best practices, processes and ServiceNow
- Ability to think critically about systems and to make adjustments consistently as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related technical field preferred
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to be influential and persuasive with stakeholders
WHERE YOU’LL WORK
This job is located in our New York City office. We’re dedicated to the health and wellbeing of all of our employees, and when we reopen, will require everyone who works from one of our offices to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees with approved religious or medical exemptions may be subject to additional safety requirements, such as submitting to regular COVID-19 testing and/or wearing a face covering in our offices.
WHY VOX MEDIA?WHAT WE OFFER
This is a permanent, full-time position. This job is benefits-eligible. We pride ourselves in providing comprehensive benefits to support all of our employees wherever they are in life. You can find more information about our benefits here.
OUR DEI+ COMMITMENT
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can show up as their authentic selves and create their best work. We recognize that great stories, platforms, products and services come from people with all manner of backgrounds and experiences. We recognize that our commitments require ongoing work and sustained attention, as well as adaptation to new insights and best practices. We keep our diversity data public for the sake of accountability, transparency and communication. Learn more about our values here, and our approach to corporate citizenship here.
Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. Vox Media will also consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable Fair Chance laws. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations as part of the application process to candidates with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact our People & Culture team ([email protected]).
WHAT COMES NEXT
Our recruiting team will go through applications in a timely manner. Please note that our recruiting team will only contact you from @voxmedia.com email addresses, never via text message. Read more about how our recruiting team operates, and how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud, here.