Senior Manager, First Line Risk Management at First Citizens Bank (Raleigh, NC)
| Raleigh-Durham, NC
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:14 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, July 19, 2022
- This position is responsible and accountable for oversight and management of Business Unit (BU) risk activities, in adherence with the Company's Risk Appetite and Corporate Strategy. The position ensures team serves as an effective communication channel between the Risk Management Department and FCB business units. Participates in strategy discussions and provides input to promote an environment of risk awareness and risk ownership across the organization. Builds and develops collaborative partnerships with senior management across lines of business, internal departments, Risk Management program leaders, peer First Line Risk Managers, and other stakeholders to enhance BU risk management capabilities. Manages the recruitment, training, and development process for staff.
- Risk Strategic Activities - Works with senior management to create risk management strategies ensuring key risks are appropriately managed and are aligned. Provides BU risk considerations for business/strategic plans. Effectively challenges risk programs outputs, ensuring bank and regulatory alignment. Manages and recommends enhancements to internal controls, ensuring control testing is in place and results are in line with the Control Standards.
- Risk Oversight - Develops BU Risk Reports that provide comprehensive view of risks that impact the BU and reviews risk and control performance to ensure clarity. Identifies and summarizes Top and Emerging trends in BU Risk Management, making recommendations to address impact. Manages the tracking and reporting of key indicators and limits to ensure timely escalation of breaches as required by the Risk Appetite Framework (RAF). Oversees and ensures that established BU Risk Limits are appropriately incorporated into core processes and are aligned with the Bank's risk appetite.
- Risk Governance - Supports BU participation in relevant risk governance group meetings utilizing advanced understanding of the BU operations, risks, controls and related laws and regulatory guidance. Provides feedback and collaborates on relevant governance documents to support BU activities and manage risk. Drives the implementation of program policies, standards, and procedures. Ensures timely communication around current and emerging issues and regulatory requirements.
- Managerial Functions - Establishes and monitors expectations to achieve company and department goals. Makes appropriate changes to team policies, procedures, and efficiencies to meet objectives. Manages the performance, training, and evaluation of assigned staff. Maximizes department achievements by providing professional development. Participates in mandatory risk training and educates BU personnel on key risk programs and topics. Develops and manages short- and long- term staffing needs.
- Bachelor's Degree and 10 years of experience in Enterprise Risk or Operational Risk, Audit, or Compliance OR High School Diploma or GED and 14 years of experience in Enterprise Risk or Operational Risk, Audit, or Compliance
- Preferred Education: Advanced Degree
- Preferred Area of Expereince: Financial Services, Project Management or Consulting (internal or external)
- Skill(s): Knowledge of operational and enterprise risk management including identification, assessment, and escalation of risk issues., Ability to track and coordinate large, complex processes , Knowledge of regulatory guidance pertaining to enterprise and operational risk as well as risk control frameworks, PC Skills including Microsoft Visio, Excel, and PowerPoint
More Information on First Citizens Bank
First Citizens Bank operates in the Financial Services industry. The company is located in Raleigh, NC. First Citizens Bank was founded in 1898. It has 6642 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 31 open jobs at First Citizens Bank, click here.
Read Full Job Description