We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
We’re looking for a strategic writer who can support Coinbase’s Founder/CEO and executive team, communicating the priorities of the company and making crypto relatable to internal and external audiences alike.This person will work with a wide variety of internal stakeholders to proactively identify strategic opportunities, create alignment around messaging, and oversee efforts to quickly develop high-quality content for Coinbase’s executive team that achieves company priorities.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Writing blog posts, op eds, presentations, internal memos, and other external and internal content for the Founder/CEO and company executives
- Focusing on clear, concise, pithy communications that make complex topics approachable and understandable
- Developing a deep understanding of the voice, tone and style used by members of Coinbase’s executive team, and the company more broadly
- Collaborating with other members of Coinbase’s communications team to create content that supports the company’s strategic priorities
- Proactively identify issues and opportunities that would benefit from content/thought leadership from company executives
- Drafting content and communications quickly, in response to rapidly-changing, complex situations
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 7+ years of communications or related experience
- Experience in executive communications and speechwriting for internal and external audiences
- Excellent at relationship building and engaging with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to quickly build trust with company executives, understanding their respective priorities and reflecting them in your work product
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills with an ability to translate complex topics into smart content for a broad audience
- Ability and interest in leveraging multiple formats including blog posts, Twitter, podcasts, and more to deliver a message
- Comfortable discussing financial markets and/or the technology industry in a highly regulated space, with a strong interest in gaining fluency in crypto
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and the judgment to triage various opportunities accordingly
- Strong intellect, a broad perspective, and the confidence to interact with a wide-range of topic experts within finance, tech and crypto.
- Experience managing cross-functional stakeholder relations in fast-paced and ambiguous environments
Nice to haves:
- Strong familiarity with or fluency in crypto
- Policy communications background and experience
- Prior experience at a financial technology company
- Experience partnering with global teams
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $195,500 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.