Senior Manager, ESG Reporting and Disclosure at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
The Global Impact team is responsible for helping to deliver on and advance ServiceNow's global impact vision to "workflow a better world" by shaping our strategies and action plans for sustaining our planet, creating equitable opportunity, and acting with integrity. By applying the expertise, passion and civic-minded nature of ServiceNow's employees, leveraging the power of our platform and digital workflow solutions, and using the strength of our resources and strategic partnerships, we have a tremendous opportunity to do incredible things. We work closely with the corporate strategy, investor relations, finance, product and engineering, IT, customer and partner, global people, marketing, sales and legal teams to deliver on our vision and strategy. Collaborating across the enterprise and our stakeholders, the ESG team publishes the annual Global Impact Report and Fact Sheet .
The Senior Manager of ESG will work on the ESG team with a focus to enhance ServiceNow's brand and deepen stakeholder trust across ServiceNow's most important environmental, social and governance (ESG) priority areas where we can make substantive and quantifiable impact. You'll be part of a team that drives our global impact strategy and governance, year-over-year ESG performance and disclosures improvements, and strategic analysis of rapidly evolving ESG issues and regulations. In this role, you will be an ESG champion who leads a range of projects that continues to advance ServiceNow's global impact leadership, anticipates and adapts to market and societal changes, measured through KPIs. You'll partner with internal stakeholders and business partners to identify opportunities and risks, inform and integrate ESG into day-to-day business operations, ensure alignment of our corporate policies to our global impact strategy, enhance and streamline ESG disclosures, and develop strategic insights and recommendations that inform our strategies and governance bodies, including the Board and ESG-related Committees. The candidate will also identify, analyze and develop external stakeholder engagement strategies to build trusted relationships with customers, partners, ESG raters & rankers, as well as sector/cross sector initiatives to gather insights on emerging ESG risks and opportunities, and create collective, positive impact.
What you'll do:
- Oversee customer and partner ESG inquiries in a timely manner while keeping all internal business partners informed and engaged.
- Review and interpret reports by ESG raters and rankers; partner with firms/agencies to update and ensure accuracy of data reported and provide feedback to address gaps.
- Track emerging ESG regulations and development of strategies in order to address them across the business and their impact on global impact strategy.
- Identify emerging ESG challenges and opportunities by attending external forums and working groups, and ongoing tracking of ESG developments to inform internal stakeholders and advise on appropriate actions.
- Lead, in partnership with team members, data collection, submissions to and analysis of ESG ratings and research firms including S&P Global, MSCI, Sustainalytics, Ecovadis, and others.
- Benchmark disclosure practices, conduct ESG gap analyses, and make recommendations for enhancements in policies, programs and disclosure.
- Create ESG issue briefs to inform the Board and ESG related Steering Committees, as well as the CFO - ServiceNow's executive sponsor for ESG.
- Partner with team and Communications to create an integrated internal/external communications, motivating training/education and meaningful membership plans.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 10+ years proven success guiding and operationalizing strategies across multiple social impact/CSR/ESG programs/projects. Minimum of 2 years in direct ESG function preferred.
- Excellent program management, collaboration and communication skills with strong ability to take initiative and see projects to completion.
- Interest and ability to think about future ESG trends and how they'll impact our present and future strategies and business.
- Ability to work cross functionally to engage, track and advise on a broad set of ESG topics with related KPIs and deliverables.
- Ability to identify and analyze ESG performance gaps, communicate the risk or opportunity, and develop recommendations and advise on action plans.
- Experience with ESG reporting standards and frameworks, e.g. SASB, GRI, TCFD, and experience producing ESG reporting and disclosures content for a global audience and different stakeholders.
- Experience in responsible procurement, human rights, diversity and inclusion, ESG communications, and/or international regulations a plus.
- Ability to translate ESG issues into compelling narratives for issue briefs, status reports and other communications.
- Ability to manage multi-faceted, high visibility initiatives with a calm demeanor and attention to detail.
- Resourceful, curious, self-motivated and able to independently prioritize shifting workloads in a high growth, fast paced and ever-changing environment.
- Experience working successfully to drive cross-functional alignment with highly distributed team.
- Passionate about making the world of work, work better for people and helping to workflow a better world.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .