Senior Manager, Community Experience at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
The Upwork Community’s vision is to be the world’s work Community. Our mission is to enable, elevate and amplify our amazing Community of talent. We know great, well-served talent will drive the most success for our clients.
As the Senior Manger, Community Experience you will be responsible for looking at our end-to-end experience, with primary responsibility for building out our Groups, Gamification, and Ambassadors/Advocacy programs.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a meaningful role in reimagining what Community can be, and deliver some incredibly impactful programs to our amazing Community of talent. Come help us change how the world works.Your Responsibilities:
- Stakeholder management - You will play a key role, together with the Director, Community in establishing and nurturing relationships with our key internal stakeholders. The Community will be a key enabler of success for many parts of the business and this role will be a central part in bringing that to life.
- People leadership - A major part of your role will be to hire, lead and develop a diverse team of Community program managers.
- Micro-Communities/Groups - A big part of this role will be to develop and lead our Groups strategy in collaboration with the Director, Community and others. This is a key initiative that will enable deeper relationships, and more discreet and meaningful opportunities for the Community of talent.
- Gamification - An important part of your role will be to define and deliver our Gamification program for Community. This will be highly cross-functional in nature due to how we already gamify our platform.
- Ambassador/Advocacy - An exciting opportunity for this role is to build out our first Ambassador program. This will really drive advocacy and evangelism from our most engaged and active members of the Community.
- Measurement - Working with the Director, Community you will be responsible for developing the right measurements for our Experience programs, attributing clear business value to the outcomes.
- Proven experience in leading Community engagement and experience initiatives.
- Experience with dedicated Community platforms (e.g. Khoros, Vanilla, Salesforce).
- Proven experience working in a highly matrixed organization, and delivering business value with cross-functional partners and stakeholders.
- People management, with a proven track record of building and developing high-performing teams.
- Experience in using Community programs to drive varied business metrics.
- Exceptional communication skills: You are well versed in collaborating with peers, customers, executives, and tailoring your message accordingly. You can take various input and ideas and distill them to a cohesive and measurable strategic message.
- The spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship: you are not afraid to take risks, think bigger, and never settle.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.