It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!Job SummaryAs a Senior Cloud Platform Manager, you will be responsible for managing Cloud platforms in use at Bread Financial (Azure and AWS). Working closely with Cloud Center of Excellence (CCoE), Cloud Operations Manager, DevSecOps teams, Infrastructure Services, Production Engineering and Application teams, the Senior Cloud Platform Manager will be responsible to identify, develop and maintain Azure and AWS best practices to deploy and implement hosted systems and all Bread Financial Cloud Infrastructure as Code. You will ensure effective deployment, monitoring, reporting, security, and life-cycle management solutions services through our hosted environments and proper training on the staff involved with the Bread Financial Cloud platforms. This position is expected to grow over time to incorporate additional responsibilities and opportunities as our cloud infrastructure expands.
As a member of the Cloud technology leadership team, the role contributes to the development and execution of the Cloud Platforms and strategy, ensuring its alignment with the enterprise's technology needs and business strategy, and the delivery of Cloud platform capabilities required to achieve business goals.Job Description
Essential Job Functions
Organizing and controlling the activities of the team, assigning staff to various projects and directing their activities through goal setting
Acting as a mentor for the team
Implementing the necessary processes and culture to align the Cloud platform vision with the overall business strategy, delivering high-quality services
Supporting other technical teams with R&D and recommendations on the use of technology
Identifying and evaluating new cloud technologies and processes that might help the team deliver better solutions and service
Guaranteeing that the Cloud platform team provide frameworks that the application engineering teams can deliver their products to the customers
Guaranteeing the Cloud infrastructure lifecycle is properly managed (Scale up/down, in/out, auto on/off, automation etc…)
Ensuring that processes/guardrails are followed by the Cloud Platform team and Application teams building within each platform
Supporting the teams in troubleshooting complex performance and system issues
Synchronizing with other Support teams
Prioritizing workload according to Business needs
Ensuring and facilitating knowledge sharing within the department and application teams (Show and tells, immersion days, open office hours, Genius bars, etc… )
Supporting CS and PMO with guidance on infrastructure services
Liaising with Architects, Developers to make sure technology stack is always in sync
Running audits and govern GxP, SOX, HITRUST and other compliance and regulatory aspects across hybrid cloud environments
Incident, Service Request processing including all communications, teamwork, data driven insights, planning and driving continuous improvements of operations
Key Skill Set:
Effective and clear Communication and Collaboration skills
Key Softskills and noble thought
Understanding of relevant DevSecOps tool sets and ability to coach team members on them
Security and vulnerability management skills and application of security/compliance to DevOps processes
Automation Jedi Skills,
Expert level Coding and scripting skills including the ability to Lead and Train team members on them.
Cloud Skillsets in Azure preferably or AWS, being able to develop and deploy automated workloads and infrastructure in cloud
Automated Testing skills and understanding
Customer focused approach
PROActiveness, plan for what could happen, not what did happen.
Lead initiatives, patching/upgrade schedules, support ticket tracking
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and demonstrated ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical team members
Mentoring and coaching other technical team members to assess needs, provide assistance, and resolve technical problems
Comfortable working with an Agile and DevSecOps approach
Experience with Agile, DevSecOps processes, FinOps, Azure, Azure DevOps, Service Now
Reports to: Director Cloud Operations, Director Infrastructure, or Sr Dir Infrastructure and Cloud Services
Working Conditions/ Physical Requirements: General office setting
Direct Reports: Yes
- 3+ years with Terraform stack development, deployment and support
- 3+ years of experience using Languages(s) specified in summary (e.g. Python, Powershell, JSON, YAML, Terraform)
- 5 years of IT Leadership experience within a medium to large sized business (Cloud, OS, network operations, and monitoring); A minimum of 3 relevant years of experience in Cloud Platform Operations/Administration; Azure or AWS certifications is a major asset
- Broad experience with and knowledge of RedHat Enterprise Linux; Intermediate to advanced knowledge of networking, in particular building cloud networks and Integrating them with on-premise networks in a secure and reliable manner
- Ability to participate in fast-paced DevOps and Engineering teams within Scrum agile processes Knowledge of containers, orchestration tools, and container management is an asset; SQL and database experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in either Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Engineering or equivalent relevant experience
- 7+ years of IT Leadership experience within a medium to large sized business
- 5+ years of experience in Cloud Operations/Administration
- 5+ years of experience with Terraform stack development, deployment and support
- 5+ years of experience using Languages(s) specified in summary (e.g. Python, powershell, JSON, YAML, Terraform etc…)
- Multiple Cloud certifications
Disclosure of COVID-19 vaccination status will be required after acceptance of a conditional offer of employment except where prohibited by applicable law. Starting January 2022 and to the extent allowed by applicable law, the Company will require all associates who will be on-site or who will travel or interact with others in person as part of their job duties to either be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or undergo at least weekly testing. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider reasonable accommodations where required by applicable law.
About Bread Financial
At Bread Financial, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, give back to your community, and be a part of our award-winning culture. We’ve been consistently recognized as a best place to work in many markets and we’re proud to promote an environment where you feel appreciated, accepted, valued, and fulfilled—both personally and professionally. Bread Financial supports the overall wellness of our associates with a diverse suite of benefits and offers boundless opportunities for career development and non-traditional career progression.
Bread Financial is a tech-forward financial services company providing simple, personalized payment, lending and saving solutions. The company creates opportunities for its customers and partners through digitally-enabled choices that offer ease, empowerment, financial flexibility and exceptional customer experiences. Driven by a digital-first approach, data insights and white-label technology, Bread Financial delivers growth for its partners through a comprehensive product suite, including private label and co-brand credit cards, installment lending, and buy now, pay later (BNPL). Bread Financial also offers direct-to-consumer solutions that give customers more access, choice and freedom through its branded payment, lending and saving products.
Formerly Alliance Data, Bread Financial is an S&P MidCap 400 company headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, and committed to sustainable business practices powered by its 6,000+ global associates.
- Bread Financial offers competitive pay, a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
- The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Any applicant offered employment will be required to establish that they are legally authorized to work in the United States for the Company.
- The Company participates in E-Verify.
- The Company will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act. Applicants with criminal histories are encouraged to apply.
- The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended, and all applicable state/local laws. The Company will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process. Applicants with disabilities may contact the Company to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact the Recruiting Team at [email protected]
Job Family:Information Technology