Senior Manager of Cloud Operations at Rackspace Technology (San Antonio, TX)
| San Antonio, TX
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:14 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, March 23, 2022
The Senior Manager of Cloud Operations is responsible for building and supporting a team of highly motivated technical and customers enabling individuals in their pursuit of flawless execution and professional growth
Exceptional management and people skills; the ability to engage and motivate staff while managing personnel activities of staff (i.e., hires, mentors, trains, appraises, rewards, motivates, disciplines, recommends promotions and termination as necessary)
Provides direct team leadership and coaching to a support team charged with managing cloud operations, engineering, and customer success engagements
Expected to plan 12-24 months in advance and strategically direct the team toward goals and lead by example
Works’ cross-functionally with other customer representatives, and internal leaders while solving operational concerns and targeting opportunities that affect and improve Rackspace as a company, in addition to self-development and team’s goals
Integrates team with customer’s program initiatives and standards and manages subordinates to develop team projects, goals, and objectives
Provided input opportunities and receives periodic feedback on unit performance
Preferred Austin (remote) due to customer collaboration events and required engagement opportunities
Qualified and selected candidates must be legal permanent U.S. residents, reside in the continental U.S. (lower 48), and will be nominated and required to apply for the FBI’s Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) clearance.
The process includes a national fingerprint-based record check to authorize access to sensitive customer data and systems.
- Plans, directs, and controls the development and assigning of work among team, and leads staff, providing support and direction
- Develops and establishes departmental standards and procedures that align to contractual obligations and integration requirements
- Drives changes in procedures, systems or processes that would increase efficiencies
- Works directly with leadership and internal business partners to manage and target positive financial trends of a multimillion-dollar budget
- Provides input in establishing the operational budget and manages adherence
- Oversees team operations and reports to senior management
- Oversees adherence to external and internal policies and procedures
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions, communicating, and implementing efficiencies
- Attends weekly customer meetings and interacts with senior internal and external personnel
- Provides strategic leadership and direction
- Strategically analyzes operational processes, business procedures and performs assessments for identifying opportunities for improvements to the customer experience and internal workflow
- Serves as primary internal and external liaison among various business groups, representing both Cloud Operations, as well as broader performance metrics and goals
- Selects develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the team’s functional areas
- Provides instructions, supervision and mentorship while managing and developing the team
- Strives for operational excellence builds team culture and pursues self-development opportunities
- Experience in handling multiple tasks, and able to prioritize highly varied work levels and interactions to maintain required productivity levels and positive engagement
- 8-10 years working knowledge of a technology-based service-oriented industry as a people manager/leader
- 5 years experience in running medium to large scale projects with varying complexities
- Excellent leadership with organizational structure experience, operational planning, project management, data-driven decision making, strong communications skills and detail-oriented
- Thorough understanding of industry practices and adherence of company policies and procedures; resolves a wide range of issues in collaborative and practical ways
- Strong understanding of cloud computing, ITIL certification a plus- or an aptitude and desire to expand professional knowledge
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, coupled with a desire to take on responsibility
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor's degree in business or computer science preferred; may also have post-graduate education or training
- Qualified and selected candidates must be legal permanent U.S. residents, reside in the continental U.S. (lower 48), and will be nominated and required to apply for the FBI’s Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) clearance.
- The process includes a national fingerprint-based record check to authorize access to sensitive customer data and systems.
The following information is required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act and applies only to individuals working in the state of Colorado. The anticipated starting pay range of Colorado applicants for this role is $106,000-$166,000
Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. Information on Benefits –offered.
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
More Information on Rackspace Technology
Rackspace Technology operates in the Cloud industry. The company is located in San Antonio, TX and San Antonio, TX. Rackspace Technology was founded in 1998. It has 7509 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 253 open jobs at Rackspace Technology, click here.
Read Full Job Description