Senior Management - Technology Risk at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
This position is responsible for analyzing and managing technology risk by providing enterprise-wide oversight and governance for technology risk management activities within the Company. Assists with the execution of various risk frameworks across the organization by monitoring and reporting on risk activities and framework compliance for identifying, assessing and reporting on risk related activities. Responsible for effective challenge of the first line in the effective management of its related risks.
- Lead a team to manage the compliance and risk elements of Technology Risk in partnership with 1st and 2nd lines.
- Provides technology risk oversight and effective challenge (create, coordinate, evaluate & assess): policies, standards, processes and procedures.
- Ability to provide effective leadership and subject matter expertise in Technology Risk topics to senior management, technology and business partners
- Serve as a subject matter expert in risk, controls, and technology best practices.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with partners, clients, and peers.
- Excellent problem solving abilities and analytical skills. Ability to see the big picture with high attention to critical details.
- Results oriented, is able to achieve timely desired outcomes independently and at appropriate priority levels.
- Utilize available risk management tools to proactively identify potential risk exposures and partner with program offices to address potential weaknesses and/or gaps in a timely manner
- Ensure risk assessments are properly aligned with enterprise risk management methodology and regulatory expectations
- Serve as process improvement expert for technology and business partners.
- Provide quality assurance and effective challenge regarding risk reporting including Change Management, Enterprise Architecture, SDLC, and New Initiatives
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, Risk Management, Engineering, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Compliance, Internal Audit, Risk Management, Financial Services, Process Improvement, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of experience in Risk Management, Financial Services, Process Improvement, Information Technology, Audit, or related field.
- Working knowledge and deep understanding of Technology and it’s management lifecycle
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master's Degree in IT, Risk Management, Business, Engineering, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 15+ years of experience in Risk Management, Financial Services, Process Improvement, Information Technology, Audit, or related field, including people management
- CRISC, CGEIT, CISA, CISM, CISSP
- Project Management Professional
- Working knowledge of Technology and risk constructs aligned to COBIT framework including but not limited to IT Service delivery Orchestration, Enterprise Architecture, Cloud deployment models and associated security risks
- Knowledge of technology risk programs and process including, but not limited to, Audit and Assessment reviews, Change Management, SDLC, KRIs and KPIs reporting
- Technical knowledge of reference architecture, container orchestration, DevSecOps construct including CI/CD pipeline and tools; sound understanding of networking topologies, security tools, and micro-services application architecture
- Employ influencing skills to obtain buy-in and participation from various groups and stakeholders without direct control
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.