Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
We're looking for a strong leadership development lead to join the Customer Support Services (CSS) team at Atlassian. This role will focus on creating innovative and impactful leadership development opportunities, programs, and initiatives to improve our leaders' capabilities to develop their team members and build high-impact teams. If you’re passionate about enabling leaders and teams, then we need you!
You'll be a part of our rapidly growing Talent Enablement team and partner with leaders across CSS and Atlassian to design, build, and deliver integrated and scalable leadership development solutions. In this role, you will be a highly influential individual contributor. You'll promote infectious urgency around you, as a mentor, multiplier, thought leader, negotiator, and awesome communicator rolled into one.
The experience we’re looking for includes:
- 8+ years of experience designing and implementing large-scale leadership development solutions across complex global teams in highly engaging technologies and modalities.
- Proven track record of increasing leadership capability and achieving business outcomes through your projects and contributions.
- Experience mentoring and coaching leaders at a variety of levels.
- Deep and current expertise in end-to-end instructional design and in program effectiveness evaluation methods both qualitative and quantitative.
- Experience working in high-tech and/or customer support organization.
Nice to have:
- Expertise in Action Mapping.
- Experience in high-growth, highly-scaled environments.
- Proficiency with Gmail, G Suite, and Slack.
- Familiarity with agile software delivery frameworks (e.g., Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Confluence, Jira, and related tools.
Some sample responsibilities include:
- Curation and expansion of CSS leadership development resources, including off-the-shelf and Atlassian-wide offerings.
- Designing, implementing, and iterating leadership learning pathways to ensure managers are highly capable of setting clear expectations, assessing performance, providing coaching and feedback, and guiding development within our growth framework at all stages of leadership.
- Adapting and leading a program to support individual contributors' successful transition to managing and leading teams.
- Facilitating engaging and effective remote, in-person, and e-learning leadership learning sessions, harnessing technology and digital capabilities to optimize program reach and value.
- Implement quantitative and qualitative feedback mechanisms to measure the efficacy of leadership development strategies and programs and to drive continuous improvement.
More about you
You learn and deliver value quickly in new areas to keep pace with our rapid growth and evolution. You’re great at managing a variety of initiatives simultaneously and set clear priorities for your work. You employ multiple tools, methods, and techniques to get things done.
You value high-quality work with attention to detail and have a track record of delivering it. You combine curiosity, judgment, humility, and drive, and like asking "why" to unravel a seemingly complex problem and get to the root cause. You cultivate partnerships with people at all levels inside and outside the organization to gather insights, determine solutions, and marshal support to move forward to positively impact business outcomes.
When you encounter a problem, you come up with multiple solutions, weigh the tradeoffs and efforts, identify the best path forward, and exercise sound judgment to drive ahead. You pair a data-driven outlook with clear written, multimedia, and verbal communication skills to turn insights into action and effectively influence others across all levels. You’re excited about building from the ground up, agile in the face of ambiguity, and enthusiastic about pivoting as things change.
More about our team
You'll join the growing CSS Talent Enablement team, a part of the rapidly expanding Operations Enablement Team located in multiple regions across the globe.
We challenge each other constantly to improve our work and ask hard questions. We're direct, focused, and demand excellence, but there's laughter in every meeting because we thoroughly enjoy the work we do and the impact it has. We're constantly growing, learning, adapting, and trying new things. Good food, coffee, and virtual whiteboards are a few of our favorite things!
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.