Senior IT Technical Program Manager, Application Portfolio Manager at Coinbase
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
We’re looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to join the Collaboration & Enablement team within the IT Operations organization. As Coinbase grows we want to provide a world-class IT experience, including how employees discover existing applications and request new applications.
This role will be responsible for establishing and maturing our capabilities around Application Portfolio Management. You’ll work cross-functionally with many different organizations within Coinbase to understand current needs and to implement process improvements across both application discovery and intake.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Conduct surveys, focus groups & interviews to understand current pain points and employee needs
- Partner with internal IT teams to implement an application lifecycle
- Partner with vendors to understand product roadmaps and drive new feature adoption within Coinbase
- Implement a unified application discovery experience for Coinbase employees
- Own process improvements for new application intake
- Review new application requests to understand business use cases and missing functionality in current application stack
- Lead large scale projects that are highly complex & cross functional in nature
- Establish strong working relationships with cross-functional teams & partners to ensure there is alignment, buy-in and ongoing support of your programs
- Lead the end-to-end rollout of new initiatives & processes, including the facilitation of training and creation of support materials incl. FAQs, wikis & presentation decks
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Expertise with research methodologies
- Hands-on experience with application catalog tools
- 3+ years of experience implementing company-wide programs and processes
- Significant project and portfolio management skills
- Significant vendor management skills
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in employee experience teams
- Experience with automations (Jira, Workato, etc.)
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.